Search

Rookie
DrGashingtons
Accepted Solution

What do I get for £4.99 with the now tv box contract?

Does movies cost me more money?
I'm interested in it and so is my father.
I cancelled now tv because they had no TV shows.
Now they have sky 1 and Atlantic it maybe worth getting.
Wannabe Egghead
GraphiteGB

Re: What do I get for £4.99 with the now tv box contract?

Movies and TV are seperate subs. 

You only get 11 channels and their ondemand content...

The entertainment section does explain it...

Short version...

That’s right, we know you’ve been asking for it so here it is. Take a look at the full list of the newly available channels you can access without a contract:

·         Sky1
·         Sky Atlantic
·         Sky Living
·         Sky Arts 1
·         Discovery
·         MTV
·         Comedy Central
·         GOLD
·         Disney
·         Fox

Even better, you can also now watch tons of our TV shows on demand with our catch up service and box sets.

Like vampire stories? Tune in with Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Dracula, a new drama series from the producers of Downtown Abbey. (Available from 31st October)

£4.99 per month....

Be aware of this below it's VERY important... part on the limitations of Live streamed channels..

Slating (Rights Restrictions)
Last modified 29 Oct 2013
We offer a large range of movies and TV shows to watch live and on demand on a broad range of devices. Sometimes, we’re unable to broadcast a movie or TV show through Live TV on some of our devices, due to rights restrictions. As a result some programmes will be blocked from being shown.

If a programme is blocked you’ll see the following message:

“We’re sorry – unfortunately rights restrictions mean that this programme is not currently available to watch on your device.”

The vast majority of our movies and TV shows aren’t affected and we’re working hard in the background on negotiating our rights so we can bring you more of the best movies and TV shows on offer.

Each day we’ll compile a list on our community of the content that won’t be available that day, detailing the affected movie or TV show, channel and time. Here you can view the list.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused but can assure you that there are still lots of great movies and TV shows available for you to lose yourself in.

This means its not a Direct copy of the Dish channels... and content may be blocked... 

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Beta Tester PS3 and PS4...

Waiting To Pre order EU PS Vita TV or Kindle fire TV releases in UK...
Rookie
DrGashingtons

[ Edited ]
Probably the main question people will ask will I get to watch game of thrones when it comes back on? Or will you block me from watching that? Or could I watch it on demand after it has been aired?

Sorry not on demand on the now tv box?
Chatterbox
MartynDrake

DrGashingtons wrote:
Probably the main question people will ask will I get to watch game of thrones when it comes back on? Or will you block me from watching that? Or could I watch it on demand after it has been aired?

NOW TV look to be showing repeats of season 2 at the moment, but one must remember that blinkbox currently has exclusivity on the streaming front for season three at the moment - if you want to see season three, they're the only service you can use for that at this time.

Martyn

Rookie
DrGashingtons

What I mean is sky Atlantic will have the rights to game of thrones season 4 when it is aired on there will I be able to watch it on the now tv box?
Or watch it after. The same way I could watch game of thrones the next day on the sky player app on Xbox 360
Chatterbox
MartynDrake

DrGashingtons wrote:
What I mean is sky Atlantic will have the rights to game of thrones season 4 when it is aired on there will I be able to watch it on the now tv box?
Or watch it after. The same way I could watch game of thrones the next day on the sky player app on Xbox 360

I think it's a bit more complicated than that, but I'm sure the fine folks at NOW TV will be able to clarify.  If GoT is available on NOW TV, at least live, then the uptake will be HUGE.  I'd imagine if it is available on demand, each episode would be available for a relatively short while.  Once the series has finished, it'll vanish and then become available on blinkbox until the next season when Sky probably would have rights to show it again.

What a headache all this rights business is.

Martyn

Rookie
DrGashingtons

I know it's all a pain. If they could guarantee me GoT episode to be available for 1 week or more then disappeares after I would probably get the box.
Community Manager
Tom-R

Sorry, just spotted this topic- answered this one on the blog earlier. Yes, Game of Thrones season four will be available as it's broadcast on a weekly basis next year!

Tom

Chatterbox
MartynDrake

Tom-R wrote:

Sorry, just spotted this topic- answered this one on the blog earlier. Yes, Game of Thrones season four will be available as it's broadcast on a weekly basis next year!

Tom

Excellent news, Tom.  Thanks for confirming!

(Makes note to read blog more often)

Martyn

First Poster
onered12

not all  sky one