Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV Licence

I've noticed your 'Help' section states

"I don’t watch Live Sports, Movies or Entertainment

If you only intend watching on demand movies and entertainment, and not live sports, movies or entertainment on NOW TV, and you don’t have a TV licence, then you’ll need to inform TV Licensing of this."

Can I just point out you are under no obligation to tell BBC TV Licensing anything as discussed in Parliament.  All you need to do is cancel the Licence and stop payments to them & from that point have zero communication with their sales staff

http://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a TV licence and am quite happy to see the loophole closed so that BBC don't have to reduce expenditure on things like F1 coverage Smiley Wink

Lets face it the growth in internet TV will ultimately force a change in legislation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Not sure if you've heard the latest new regarding F1 on the BBC ... Contract ending early and moving to C4

It's almost as if the people in control of the BBC are trying the destroy it completely !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Saw it on 1pm news and subsequent details of C4 taking over

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

hallucinogenix wrote:

It's almost as if the people in control of the BBC are trying the destroy it completely !

The people in charge of the BBC have their hands tied. Successive governments are always interfering and giving them new remits to work within.

Admittedly, the BBC are supposed to be 'first and foremost' a 'public service broadcaster' (as is channel 4). But does anybody really know what this term means in todays world?!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital

The people in charge of the BBC have their hands tied. Successive governments are always interfering and giving them new remits to work within.

Admittedly, the BBC are supposed to be 'first and foremost' a 'public service broadcaster' (as is channel 4). But does anybody really know what this term means in todays world?!

Cheers

Totally agree about the government interfering, they always make things worse and the cynical side of me makes me think they are up to something to line their personal pockets...

...either way, the direction they are going they will have to make it subscription only as it's just not value for money for me personally any more and alot of other people are cancelling their license who feel the same way.

However they will carry on bullying people into paying for a service they don't want.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was never a 'loophole' and this is why the BBC ploughed £250 million a year in the internet, they had the plan from day one to introduce an internet tax as viewing habits were going down.

As stated anyone can cancel the BBC TV Licence if they only watch catchup and its 100% legal.

Anyone that has questions on the best way of doing this etc can ask these guys who’s been helping people since 2006

http://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/

The attached article is from the Sunday Times

EDIT: Tom-R I know exactly what the score is and others will see it too, I expected this................he's good at covering his back isn't he Tom.  He's one of those that has to have the last reply, I've seen them before 'kudos' chasers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'm pleased you do! I'm a bit lost...

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't worry I'm sure others reading will get it, I see one of the other 'team' members gave him 'Thanks' a nice little clique going on with the 'kudos' chasers 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

'Salfordian' is correct, you only need a TV license if you intend on watching any live form of TV, if you only intend on watching any previously broadcast programming then you 'don't' need a TV license at this time, but is a fairly risky due to the temptation of watching live TV.

-

Everyone knows that the TV license is an outdated form of taxation and will at some point in the future be changed due to the fact that the BBC is losing the rights to all the good sporting events, making it less value for money as time goes by - Wimbledon will be the next to go !

-

BBC need to go to some sort of subcripiton based service so at least people have the choice not to use the service if they are on a low income.