cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: How do I activate and start watching on my tv ??

I HAVE FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS BUT CANNOT CONNECT TO THE NOWTV BOX I JUST WANT TO CONNECT WITHOUT A SUBSCRIPTION IS THIS POSIBLY

74 REPLIES 74
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Don't own a LG smart TV, but you need to download the NowTV app on your TV from the LG app store and not the computer.

Is there a smart button or app store button on your LG remote controller ?

Edit- Can you post back the full model number of your LG smart TV it may help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes there is an app button
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you pressed it and does the LG app store come on your TV screen ?

@commanda6 or @SeeMoreDigital can you help this forum member with his LG smart TV.

With your superior knowledge of the LG product.

Thanks

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@Anonymous User

Have you pressed it and does the LG app store come on your TV screen ?

@commanda6 or @SeeMoreDigital can you help this forum member with his LG smart TV.

With your superior knowledge of the LG product.

Thanks

Hi @schnapps

Superior knowledge? I wouldn't go that far Smiley LOL I can only really help with LG TVs, which run webOS TVs dated 2014 and after @Anonymous User so the crucial piece of information I need is some model number in order to be able to determine whether the TV runs webOS  

@Anonymous User one thing I can tell you is that you need a fully active now TV account in order to be able to login on an LG TV, which means you need a valid payment method on file.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6

Firstly, thanks for your assistance, which has always is greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy

I did ask @Anonymous User in an earlier post to confirm his LG smart TV model number to help us out.

Figures crossed the model is compatible with the NowTV app and is Web OS. Smiley Happy

According to Vally1 previous post they have already signed up online and have activated the 14 day free entertainment pass trial.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for helping my mum. we have the model number of her TV

Model: LG42LS575T purchased 15.07.12

thanks

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for helping my mum. we have the model number of her TV

Model: LG42LS575T purchased 15.07.12

Is the televisions software up-to date? According to LG's web site the latest version is: 04.62.10 released: 25 September 2015

Hopefully the following link will take you their: http://www.lg.com/uk/support/software-firmware?superCateId=CT00008333&categoryId=CT00008334&subCateId=CT00008338&modelNum=42LS575T

That being said. Some of the original LG smart TV's don't have the necessary processing power and/or memory to support every app.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schaps

just here trying to help my mum get her now TV working

LG Model number LG42LS575T

how to we find out if that model is compatible with Now TV?

thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can some 1 ring me ASAP on [personal details removed, please do not repost]

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mandey16, 

Unfortunately we are an online only service and we do not currently have a phone number. 

However you can contact us on live chat from 10am-10pm 7 days a week. 

Kindest

Steve

NOW TV Team