Search

Wannabe Egghead
GraphiteGB

Re: On the tv advert it shows 4od and itv catch up yet they are not available. Why are they on

[ Edited ]

Right. done what you could not do which was take a picture of the recut advert...

There is NO ITV in the advert at all...  ( With ITV putting bucket loads in to Youview thats not a suprise)

As the mods explained all current content online uses the 4oD logo with coming soon under it. so any Mock up firm ware in the Fake animated adverts will have the same fake animation and logos...

snapshot120.png

snapshot121.png

You can tell its all fake animation from any Youtube NowTV footage of the box..  

Theres no dam adverts on the NowTV GUI, unlike the real box that has 3 on the home screen and the Lay out of the apps on screen is wrong and distorted .. because the adverts are missing and because there are 5 apps on screen... not 3... on the box... 

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Beta Tester PS3 and PS4...

Waiting To Pre order EU PS Vita TV or Kindle fire TV releases in UK...
Intern
Goonster

Re: On the tv advert it shows 4od and itv catch up yet they are not available. Why are they on

Dont now who you talking to in that post.

The 4OD logo has been in that ad at least a week, and goes so fast you cannot read anything IF there is anything that says 'coming soon'.

You have to see the versions that actually broadcasted on air, NOT via internet versions, as they are slightly different.

First Poster
grania

Thanks for your support goonster x. We are right ... They are wrong... The tv ad IS misleading and it does show them channels.  

First Poster
grania

Well we will let asa decide shall we.....

Intern
Goonster

Its not a game of one upman ship. If you watch the tv ads when its broadcasted it definitely shows 4od. Not sure bout itv player thou.
Professional
flibblesan

Goonster wrote:
Its not a game of one upman ship. If you watch the tv ads when its broadcasted it definitely shows 4od. Not sure bout itv player thou.

4oD is coming, we just don't know exactly when. ITV player was rumored but nothing has been said since. Wouldn't surprised me if ITV have decided not to offer the app on the Now TV service.

I doubt very much that Now TV have delibrately tried to misled anybody over the availability of 4oD as all adveritising has mentioned the fact that it is coming soon. Is it really worth waisting your time contacting ASA as by the time they get back to you the service will probably be available (trust me on this.. it took 2 months for them to get back to me about a previous advert that was slightly misleading). 

Also I should point out that the 4oD app isn't exclusive to the Now TV box as it's a general release for all Roku boxes that Channel 4 are planning. It should be out by the end of the year but I suspect that it has been delayed for some reason. Now TV don't have any control over third party applications made available through the box. Hopefully it will come out sooner rather than later. 

----
Community member trying to help other members out. If you found my post helpful then please click the give kudos button below. thank you :smileyhappy:
Intern
Goonster

Firstly flibblesan, you need to address the post to whomever said they complained to ASA. Secondly NowTV are advertising a function/app which isnt available on the TV ads (the youtube/internet ads seem to be slightly different for some weird reason).

At the end of it, something has been advertised which isnt right, and the ad should be altered/withdrawn until they have corrected the oversight, it would save Nowtv a lot of hassle and complaints.

does anyone really want ITV player thou? lol

4Od yes...Itv hmmmm  :smileyhappy: