cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The home button 5 times with the other commands worked for me on Virgin Media. The commands have to be entered fairly quickly then the secret menu appears where you disable the ping. The network cable connection now works not tried wifi but sure it will be fine as both blocked before either error 013 or 014. No router reset or turn off required. 

Thank you, I was about to throw the box in the bin. £19 for an Ethernet cable and 2 aaa batteries bargain! This secret menu saved the day. 

Cant beleive the box doesn't default this way as its virgin media and BT customers that would want this service. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your post was so helpful my box is now up and running thank you so much!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This worked straight away and was very simple to follow thanks!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This worked for me but could be clearer. Change it to accept pings and it works

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep this is the key point, you need to switch to enable, and then hit return. Could be clearer on this point.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe I am in the wrong place. I want to watch local news as I am involved with promoting local business. I can only view itv london Why?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

You may want to speak to ITV in regards to this query as they'll be able to provide you with more information. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am having same problem, wasted a day trying various options. Error code 014 and then can't connect to your local network message. Have done all that is suggested in any forum advice, but still same problem. My son managed to connect all the way through using his iPhone service instead of the house router.
Where do you get assistance from Sky on this, supposedly a chat service but I can't locate it, sent an email yesterday and have had no reply.
My ISP is Virgin but the router is Netgear and it works with every other device in the house.
Help!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Hi there,if you've tried the solutions and still cannot get this to work you may have a faulty NOW TV Box. 

You can return the Box if all else fails and we can give you a shiny new one?

See Deliveries and Returns here.

Char

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Char-A,

Tried all these and more since post. Reset router to factory settings, altered security settings etc.

It is a bit of  a nightmare, round  and around din circles with no solution, meantime my passes are running down on time with no use being made of them.

Question is if faulty, why is it working when connected to my son's iPhone?

Also, please confirm like to online Chat or has the service been removed, because I can't find it where described in the help section, no options come up for Chat.

I would like to hear your answers but if you can send a new box meantime.

Thanks.