cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Purple Screen No picture

Hi i've seen the post here

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id=kA1G0000000CuoxKAC&topicKey=NOW_TV_Box|NOW%20TV%20Box|1&selecte...

Last modified 20 Nov 2013

that says the HDMI Lead is the problem ?

this is the lead that was provided with the NowTV Box so do we have to buy another lead ?

i have re-set the box still the same problem, internet speed is ok 20mb +

buying new leads wont solve the problem imo as i have other HDMI Shielded leads and HDMI Leads on my Sky box i have tried them all with the NowTV Box they all have the same problem ? when connected to the NowTV Box Purple screen no picture the Sound is ok.

Is there any ideas how to resolve it ?. numerous leads dont work

is it a Box Firmware problem ?

Thanks

168 REPLIES 168
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having such issues with your NOW TV BOX. If you haven't already can you make sure that there are no updates on your TVs that need to be completed. Again if you haven't already can you try a shielded HDMI and make sure no other devices are connected to the TV. 

Thanks

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Tried everything suggested already. Have bought some AV cables now and both boxes work with both TV's now but of course I have lost HD quality. This problem seems very common and I think I better solution should be worked upon. My box had been working fine for over a year and then just gave purple screen all the time even when no changes had been made to setup of box and TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does your tv have a built in dvd or maybe a dvd/bluray device connected to it? I suspect the box has some over the top security that is programmed to think connected dvd/blurays might be used to record shows and the purple screen is there to revent that or at least stop it being worthwhile.

Its silly when you consider that is would be easier and faster to do an illegal download than record of a nowtv box lol

The only way around the purple screen I found was to use the analoque output which is just standard def.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Purple Screen

Yesterday i noticed a purple screen on my TV after switching my now tv on. I tried my other TVs in the house and the box was working fine. After taking advice from this site i switched my hdmi cables, restored the box to factory settings and still the purple screen appeard. This morning i decided to switch my TV off at the mains and hey presto NO PURPLE SCREEN. simples   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been trying unsuccessfully for a week now to get Now TV up and running - have tried 2 HDMI cables, a shielded HDMI cable, unplugged everything as suggested by previous posts. Bought a composite cable / RCA to mini-jack cable as suggested in the Help article but still the same issue. 

TV model is 32LG3000 if that's of any use? Please can someone help - getting rather frustrated!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Have you tried doing a factory reset?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have had a now tv box on my 2 of my tv's in my house for over a year now. i have recently moved my tv in one of the rooms to a wall mounted and now have a purple screen. i have tried the other box on this tv and that goes purple, i have purchased a 3rd box and that is purple, i have tried 4 different HDMI leads the last one being coated (sealed) and it still remains purple. i have ddisconnected all other things from the tv and reset it all with only the now tv box connected and yes its purple. i have factory reset all the boxes and all are purple. my tv has no updates to do and the other 2 tv's work fine. i have a fibre optic internet connection so my speed is fine. What can it be and i have tried every possible solution in this forum??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the issue will be with your TV. With it being wall mounted do the HDMI cables go fully in? Are there any factory reset options within the TVs menus? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have tried factory reset on TV and all boxes and all leads are definitely in correctly? 
Anonymous User
Not applicable
The only solution I found was to use the analogue output on the nowtv box.
Of course then you loose the hd and loose the digital quality of the
picture. Apparently I have read it happens when the box thinks you can
record on it. Of course that does not explain why it stopped working on a
TV that worked fine previously!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, got me dad a nowtv box from the nowtv website, had been working fine for a couple of months, today we now get sound but no picture, just purple screen, any ideas?

Thanks in advance