cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now box won't connect to the Internet

My now box won't connect to the Internet, it won't even find my network even though I'm connect to the wifi on my iPhone. Tried a few of the tips but none have seemed to work yet. Obviously this is so frustrating, anyone got any ideas?
Thanks
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User can you first try rebooting your router? If this doesn't work, if you can login to the router and change the WiFi channel to either 1, 6 or 11 hopefully that will fix it for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've tried rebooting it and also turning both the router and now box off. How would I go about doing that?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User who provides your internet and can you find the make and model of the router (hopefully it'll have a sticker on the back). From here one of us should be able to help you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please help me.

For some unknown reason my NowTV will no longer connect to my wifi network. All my other devices connect and work fine using the network. This only began yesterday!

I've reset the router and the Now TV box, including a hard reset. It can detect the network it was connected to before but cannot connect to it anymore: I'm seeing various types of errors each time I try (014 most commonly, but sometimes it manages to connect the network but not the internet too).

I'm getting very frustrated.

Becky

gar01
Advocate

After the recent software update my box could not detect my network.the remedy was to change my router channel to 11, this made my network visible again and i was able to connect to it.hope this helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same here.  And it started yesterday too.

Any luck?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User there are 2 different issues here, one is where the box can no longer see the router, so when you have a list of the WiFi networks your home WiFi is missing. The other is connecting to the router, but failing to get an internet connection on it.

As you've seen an Error 14, it sounds like the later.

Have you tried disabling pings?

You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have reached that screen. I see 2 bars, only one has any green in it (temperature) the other is completly white (wi-fi).

Also, pings is already disabled. The box is currently unchecked.

What else should I try?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Mine is exactly the same as yours