cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box not working

Three nights in a row now. Only get message oops something went wrong here  we are working on it. Is this a permanent situation or is the box eventually going to work? Need to know because am paying to watch the message at the moment.

74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable
If I get a new box can I use the same login details

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Yes, if you buy a new box you just log in with the same username and password. You will need a free slot on your device list for it.

Has the box been working fine up to now, or have you never been able to get it connected? Have you changed location for the box? Might be worth changing its position slightly, make sure it is an open position rather than tucked away under a TV, in a cabinet or on a crowded shelf for instance.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It just rebooted itself and stop working it's always been in the same place

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

I know you mention you've done the secret screen, but it might be worth double checking as this a common cause of 014 errors. When you do the following on your remote

Home (x5) Fast Forward Play Rewind Play Fast Forward

and the secret screen pops up, one of the options should say Enable Network Pings. If it says Disable Network Pings instead, then toggle this so it says Enable Network Pings instead. Then try connecting to your network again.

If this still doesn't help, I would be tempted to have a quick word with Live Chat to see if there's any last suggestions they can make, especially if your ISP is Virgin. They can also check if your box is still in warranty.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I done all that and I have spoke to them they said all the same things I have all ready done

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

I can see that you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps, but can you please also try: 

Unplugging your NOW TV box and your router for a few minutes. Can you then plug these back in and re-try the set up process.

Once you have done this, you may also want to try the steps for error 014 and error 011 again. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Sorry again, for the inconvenience this may have caused. 

Kind Regards, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box is not working powers up but remote wont do any thing, every thing been checked, really annoyed as paid to watch the walking dead tonight, what is going on

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

My now tv box is not working powers up but remote wont do any thing, every thing been checked, really annoyed as paid to watch the walking dead tonight, what is going on

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using HDMI? Can you see anything at all on your TV screen?

What actually happens does the box get past the now TV logo at first boot?

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done all of the suggested processes in order to rectify Now TV, but none has made any difference. I get use of this service around one in every eight times I try to use it, the rest of the time it always buffers and comes up with error code 100 no matter what I try to watch. It is not an issue with my connection or proximity of the box to my router. Extremely disappointing and frustrating, in fact, the last time I managed to get it to work was over a week ago. It has had this issue since I bought the box in January, but has gotten increasingly worse. Any suggestions other than to cancel my subscriptions? 

As stated before, I have tried every suggested process several times.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Whilst you say you've tried everything it would be helpful for you to list exactly what you've tried, without knowing what you've done it's difficult for anyone to know if there's anything else you should try!

One thing worth playing with is the position of the box. Even if it's in the same room as your router it's worth moving the box around slightly to see if that improves things. If it's tucked under the TV, on a crowded shelf or in a TV cabinet for example then bringing it out into an open, unobstructed space might help. The opposite also applies, it's no good putting it right next to the router, ideally they should be a few feet away from each other.