cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Keeps buffering

Set up now TV boxes yesterday have fast wifi and router yet it is constantly buffering, other wifi devices have no issues. Trying to watch rugby match am currently 12 minutes behind and it's not even half time!! What is up with this. Never had this issue with Netflix.
7 REPLIES 7
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The following might help you sort out the problem you're having with the now TV box.

Resetting your now TV box/error code 14

On the main menu please enter the following sequence of keys in fairly quick succession

Home (5x)

FF
play
RR
Play
FF

Once you've done this after a second or two secret screen will pop-up. Here you should see two options. You will be interested in.

Disable network pings.

system reset (Standard reset not hard reset you will not need to re-enter your details into the box)

I would recommend that you disabled network pings and then restart your now TV box. Quite a lot of routers don't like the way the box behaves when network pings are enabled

Can I ask Is this problem confined to the live streams or do you get this problem with on demand content as well? (note to access on demand content you would need either a movie or entertainment pass)

Let me know how you get on

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting buffering issues on live TV only, already have pings disabled any ideas this is really annoying 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this. Can you try rebooting your router and or make sure no other devices are using the wi-fi connection, including any phones.

Also try a factory reset which can help. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having none stop lagging issues and buffering issues myself. My broadband speed is perfectly fine and my laptop is up to date. Tried restarting laptop. Refreshing page the lot. It's getting absolutely ridiculous I don't know why I'm paying for this
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Have you tried changing the wireless channel on your router?

If you're not sure how to do that, let us know and we'll give you the steps 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have absolutely no idea how to do that

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting back to us. We can help with that but can you let us know which Internet Provider you're with?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team