cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@DarylM wrote:

@Anonymous User 

You have to play one episode of the show you want to watch.  Sit through the ads at the start.  Press pause.  Click on 'Further Episodes'.  This will bring up the previous 30 days of episodes. 

I have contacted ITV and apparently it is supposed to work like this.

O so its missing the intermediate selection screen of the older roku template  version 

Only added the episode selection skip after after the first adverts...

so reverse of crunchyrolls Tire some stupidity multi level menus then, would not be so bad if they loaded fast instead of so slow...

So instead of having the slow intermediate menus they used the Roku FF/RW template as its faster loading...

So this is why it needed firmware 5 as you could not have any text displayed before... in those pages...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extra

Would not all top of the line drama content be exclusive to ITV encore catchup as thats were drama is supposed to be now.  No more repeats on ITV 1-4 for big shows... that are still fresh, behind the pay wall only... once they are done and bored of them on encore back to the free bee users...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am reading that you have to watch an episode to then have the option to watch others but can anyone tell how to find the episode in the first place? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Go into the ITV Hub App and pick a TV show you want to watch, then when it starts playing (after the adverts) press the pause button on the remote controller where you should then see an option for more episodes available for that particular TV show.

ITV was reporting they are having technical issues with their App early on today according to their Twitter Feed (not sure if it's fixed yet, perhaps try watching some shows to check out if the above works).

Here's the ITV Hub Twitter Feed from this morning.

Screenshot (46).png

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Programmes should be updating normally now so you should be able to find the programme you want (personally I tend to use the A-Z section to find shows are remember shows starting with The are under T).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for this.  I was pulling my hair out with this.  I couldn't understand why I could only get one episode of eg Emmerdale and Coronation Street.  It wasn't till I read your post, i realised you can if you sit through all the god awful adverts at the beginning.  Thanks xx

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been waiting months for ITV player and when I finally saw it arrive I was like Smiley Very Happy

So I made a nice drink,  grabbed a full pack of hobnobs (as you do) and sat down in my favorite chair,  remote in hand,  4th hobnob stuffed in my mouth I started the ITV app...my excitement turned to Smiley Sad .

Hardly anything is available to watch,  Jeremy Pile and Loose women aren't my type of shows.  I went through the channels and A-Z but still hardly anything worth watching is available,  its all morning shows and cartoons (though I do secretly enjoy pokemon).

Where's the real ITV content?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've been waiting months for ITV player and when I finally saw it arrive I was like Smiley Very Happy

So I made a nice drink,  grabbed a full pack of hobnobs (as you do) and sat down in my favorite chair,  remote in hand,  4th hobnob stuffed in my mouth I started the ITV app...my excitement turned to Smiley Sad .

Hardly anything is available to watch,  Jeremy Pile and Loose women aren't my type of shows.  I went through the channels and A-Z but still hardly anything worth watching is available,  its all morning shows and cartoons (though I do secretly enjoy pokemon).

Where's the real ITV content?

Its hard to remember what I watched on ITV as its got less each year..

Key  =NME = Never missed an episode when first aired...

A touch of frost... NME

Doc martin... NME  

Heartbeat the orignal series  but they have newer version... (ditched after lead actor changed)

Home to roost... 

ITVs "lewis" is there over 8 episodes... it may not be a bunch of builders in europe... but he's a lot better than Bergerac version 2. NME 

Inspector Morse,  2 episodes Yes you have to use the full title so under I... NME

Man about the house.. ( realy old but then so are some of us..) Seen it during repeats

Minder... NME  

Primeval been sold to BBC... no longer licensed to ITV... So that not going to be there the UK "watch" channel now owns it...  Skipped a few episodes...  

Sherlock homes (No the correct version not the BBC rip off.) 13 episodes... under T as it has a long title. NME

The Americans... last 3 episodes.. again under T (new series...)

Shows ive watched that are behind pay wall... 

Poirot, white chapel, and crime stories are behind the pay wall... of ITV encore... so won't be there.... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't have itv1 on my itv player on my now box. I do have the player and I did put in my postcde for location. No itv1 shows up just itv2, 3, 4, and citv. How do I fix this

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I assume your postcode is somewhere in Scotland? ITV aren't allowed to let you have the ITV1 as STV have the rights. Of course if your postcode was say SE1 9LT you'd be fine.