cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you herman105. After 30 minutes wasted trying to figure out if I was being stupid I thankfully googled it and found your message. All this wonderful technology and itv make a stupid mistake such as this, too many programmers-not enough users! Now I can finally watch my programme, yay!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
To Rich: that helps immensely - you are a genius - thanks so much for solving this one!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Easy when you know how eh ?
I tip my hat to you for taking the trouble to post the solution
A genuine thank you
Keith
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for this it really works. I was driving myself crazy trying to understand why they say you can get 30 days catch up, but I couldn't find it. How stupid and crazy is this NOWTV?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV host the app, they do not design or run it 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ok. Anyone know why champions league highlights are on Internet itv player and not now tv itv player. Itv is pointless without the football.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Ok. Anyone know why champions league highlights are on Internet itv player and not now tv itv player. Itv is pointless without the football.

Different license rights ITV payed for...

Very few people wire up a PC to a 50 inch HDTV... so the license on PC content is licensed as its only on <13inch screens normaly...

NowTV box connects to HDMI HDTV screens, the same reasons ITV, CH5,  CH4 and BBC can't repeat EVERY film they screen on catch up to HDTVs either...  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any one who watches this rubbish needs to get out and a get a life.On this street there has been more than 27 murders,train/bus crashes,explosions,kidnaps.The list goes on and on.Every single person except for ena sharples has had an affair.My God wake up and watch Dads army or Steptoe ect,not this tripe.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone know how to access the More Episodes section for a title without having to play the current episode (and sit through needless commercials)? I've tried all the buttons on the remote but nothing works and it's very frustrating. At first I thought only the newest episodes where available, but when you play the latest you have the option to go to the rest.

It's very annoying the App itself is decent, far better that the awful BBC iPlayer App which has similar issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was told by live chat that I would have ITV player by 17th June.  It's still not there.  Is there anything I need to do in order to get it or do I just have to wait and see?  Cheers