cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot watch BBC iplayer, 4OD or Demand 5

This problem with my nowtv box has lasted over a month and totally fed up with it:

None of the following will play:

BBC iplayer: buffer symbol for ages, then error message: Sorry: timeout. There has been a problem playing this programme.

4od - adverts play - buffer symbol for ages - then error message: This content is currently unavailable. Please try again later

Demand 5 - adverts play - programme sponsor's message plays - then buffer symbol for ever, no error msg

Now, before you say: reset the box, check your internet connection, blah blah, the following do play:

Nowtv

itv on demand

BBC sport

BBC news

Troubleshooting: i have already done the following several times:
reset the nowtv box with factory reset, and reinstalled tv channels
rebooted my internet modem/router
removed firewall from my modem

My internet is fibre broadband provided by xln telecom, tested and verified at very high speed
no problem with internet access at all

Any bright ideas?

44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had similar problems like you have had and after weeks of messying around trying lots of different fixes I eventually ended up with doing a hard reset and changeing the bitrate on the NOW box and also turning off and on my router a couple of times.  I now have had 2 days of everything working even bbc iplayer!

bitrate change is accessed by x5 home button, x3 rewind, x2 forward   I changed it to 2.5Mbps

Hope this helps you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand5 demo Video contains Spoilers for NCIS as its a spin off launch episode... but its a repeat from Fox UK any way...

Adverts will be Auto FF in the clip...

Text added to explain its actions... A freeze does not mean a Crash... it means its talking to server...   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Iplayer demo Video contains Spoilers for BBC programs...

Text added to explain its actions... A freeze of icon does not mean a Crash... it means its talking to server...

Slow cursor moving usage...  Press a button... wait for its reaction... press a button again...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news for me? Like when will I start being able to watch any channel on my nowtv box? I do pay monthly for this service and have not been able to watch any tv since October.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.

What comes to BBC iPlayer, Demand 5 and 4oD, you may need to contact the app developers directly to get to the bottom of this. You can also try to force the Box to do an update by trying these steps here

In regards to your issue with Sky Movies, I will send you an email 🙂

Kind regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you get a reply because I have exactly the same problem and have done all the checks you did too all in vain
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for getting in touch. Can I ask what the issue is when you try to view movie content? Is this issue only happening on the NOW TV Box? 

If you are unable to connect to your wireless network can you try changing your router channel to a number between 1-11

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much for getting back to me. I solve the problem by getting onto the live chat at now TV and they manage to sort it out.

I don't know why it is happening and it took a very long time to reload the BBC I and I think that some of the stations are still downloading after a total reset.

It must be something which happens to many people and it doesn't seem to be to do with my Internet connection but something at your end.

Anyway thanks for your concern – for the moment I seem to be up and running again.

Basil

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for getting in touch. Can I ask what the issue is when you try to view movie content? Is this issue only happening on the NOW TV Box? 

If you are unable to connect to your wireless network can you try changing your router channel to a number between 1-11

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Thanks very much for getting back to me. I solve the problem by getting onto the live chat at now TV and they manage to sort it out.

I don't know why it is happening and it took a very long time to reload the BBC I and I think that some of the stations are still downloading after a total reset.

It must be something which happens to many people and it doesn't seem to be to do with my Internet connection but something at your end.

Anyway thanks for your concern – for the moment I seem to be up and running again.

Basil

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry. I have the same problem. Now T v will pack up unless they can resolve these problems soon. Everyone seems to be having the same problem