Search
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

First Poster
Irishcolly
Accepted Solution

Can I use my Now TV box if I am not paying a subscription for Movies?

Hi,

Can I still use the BBC iPlayer etc if I am not paying £8.99 per month?

How much do the movies coat after 3 months?

Is this service available in Ireland?

Kind regards

First Poster
BenjaminTech

Re: Can I use my Now TV box if I am not paying a subscription for Movies?

I'd like to know too.

Have ordered one anyway

Contributor 1
Bounderboy

Yes I want to know this too...  To me it must all stop working when subs lapse..  Otherwise the £9.99 would be ridiculously cheap.   Must be a trojan horse to get you to sign up surely?

However it should be made clear somewhere..

Contributor 1
Bounderboy

Straight from horses mouth on live chat.   Although still some ambiguity I think everything should still work.

You: on the NowTV box - if you don't have a subscription to NOWTV do the other applications still work.

You: eg. iplayer etc?

Timiebi E: Thanks for your enquiry.

Timiebi E: You will need to have a NOW TV subscription to access the box. You can sign up for the 30 day free trial.

You: Just to be clear if you choose to let the subscription lapse what happens to the box?

Timiebi E: You should be able to access other freeview channels on the box.

You: Sorry that isn't clear. Should? Will all other features of the box such as iPlayer/Roku/Demand 5 continue to work?

Timiebi E: You will need a NOW TV account to access the box, you do not need an active account to access other channel on the box.

You: Thank you

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Dre-L

Irishcolly wrote:

Hi,

Can I still use the BBC iPlayer etc if I am not paying £8.99 per month?

How much do the movies coat after 3 months?

Is this service available in Ireland?

Kind regards

Good afternoon Irishcolly,

Thanks for your enquiry, the NOW TV movie subscription is £8.99 per month. The apps available on the box are still available if circumstances change and wish to end the NOW TV subscription.

Thanks

Dre

NOW TV Team

Contributor 2
bradavon

Further confirmation you can use the free apps (I asked specificically about iPlayer) without a Now TV subscription. You don't even need to login to Now TV on your TV to access them:

"Anietie U: Hi, how can I help you today?

You: Hello. I'm interested in the new Now TV Box. I just have a few quick questions.

You: Do you need to subscribe in order to get access to BBC iPlayer?

Anietie U: Please bear with me for a moment let me confirm that for you

Anietie U: Thanks for waiting. I just confirmed from my senior colleague that you can watch BBC iPlayer without subscribing to NOW TV

Anietie U: However, if you want to watch any NOW TV content you have to subscribe

You: Thank you. It says on Step 3 of the Setup Guide you need to register for a Now TV account before you can access iPlayer.

You: It says "On your PC or Mac, create a NOW TV account by choosing a Sky Movies Pass 30 day free trial or a Sky Sports Day Pass"You: Does this mean I have to sign up to the 30 day free pass first?

Anietie U: Please bear with me for a moment. Don't want to give you wrong information, let me confirm that for you.

Anietie U: They are two options on how to order the NOW TV box

Anietie U: If you dont have an account with us, you have to click on 'continue without Account'

You: And then iPlayer, 5 On Demand will continue to work?

Anietie U: From there you would be able to purchase

You: Oh I see. And what about registering on the box itself? Is it right the box itself needs an accoutn?

Anietie U: You can only register on your PC/Laptop or MacAnietie U: You can't register on NOW TV Box. However, after registering from you PC or Mac you can now log in on your NOW TV box

You: Sorry I'm a little confused. When I've got the Now TV box, do I need to login on the box itself?

Anietie U: When you got your NOW TV box, you can watch iPlayer without logging in to NOW TV

You: So you just need to login to access Sky Movies or Sky Sports right?

Anietie U: Yes but please bear with me for a moment

Anietie U: Just confirmed from my senior that you don't have to log in to watch iPlayer but you have to log in to watch NOW TV movies and Sports

You: How many days for delivery? Can I have it delivered to my work address? Other than the address on my debit card

Anietie U: Delivery period is 3 - 5 working days. You will have space to enter your delivery address

You: So I can delivery to a different address than the one my card is registered too? Thanks

Anietie U: Yes

You: Oh one final question, what's the recommend broadband speed so it doesn't buffer when streaming?

Anietie U: 2.5mb"

Contributor 2
bradavon

It seems Sky don't even know how this service works, despite checking with a senior I was given duff information.

There's no way to continue without logging into NowTV. Forcing you to pick either a Sports Day pass or a 30 Day Movie Trial.

You're then forced to enter card details. I've done this and immediately turned off Auto-Renew under "Manage Account". I didn't want to "Cancel My Subscription" as I presume this would log you off on the NowTV box.

Mentor 2
GraphiteGB

[ Edited ]

bradavon wrote:

You're then forced to enter card details. I've done this and immediately turned off Auto-Renew under "Manage Account". I didn't want to "Cancel My Subscription" as I presume this would log you off on the NowTV box.

Your wrong...

A NowTv account can be set up on this very site WITH OUT any subscription usage...

Thats Why my start date is 21st of january but I did not start subscribing to NowTV till March...

All you do is click cancel on the set up payment page. You are allready logged in to the NowTV account as it Says so at the top of the browser... My account and sign out are there at the top... They would not be there if you had not just created the account... 

Run Windows 10 preview, Kubuntu 14.10, and Android 4.4
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Beta Tester PS3 and PS4...
Pre-ordered Kindle fire TV UK box releases in UK 23/10/2014...
Contributor 2
bradavon

Oh thanks.

That's not clear when registering, it be your account is only partly setup until it's been confirmed as registered.

Good to know though. I'll try cancelling my subscription. I've no use for Sky Movies or Sky Sports.
G2C
Contributor 3
G2C

YES you can

A Now TV account is NOT a subscription 'but' an 'active email address' to link your box to! You can add subscription to it.

Many of the Roku store apps require online via computer activation as with 'first switch on of the box'