Search

Novice
oddeyes
Accepted Solution

Can I use 2 now tv boxes on 1 account?

Due to an error with Sky staff I have ended up paying for 2 NOW TV boxes. Can I set one up on 1 tv & another in another room and use them both on my Now TV account?

Novice
oddeyes

Re: Can I use 2 now tv boxes on 1 account?

Just seen the answer to this somewhere else & yes I can. You can register up to for devices per account and watch any 2 at one time

Occasional Poster
xxx55

I am having difficulty using 2 now tv boxes on 1 account. On one tv it is all OK, on the other tv even when the 1st tv is switched off, I keep on getting a "sorry an unexpected error has occured" message when I try to connect to the internet with my user name and password. I have checked over and over I am using the correct user name and password over the last week and the problem persists. I would really appreciate some help. 

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Sal-H

Hi xxx55,

Thanks for contacting us, sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties.

You can register up to 4 devices on your account, with 1 change per month, and you can watch on 2 registered devices at the same time. This shouldn't be issue for you.

As you're experiencing difficulties connecting can you please follow these steps to help you connect to your wireless network. If you see any error codes appear, you will find how to resolve these by following the steps found here.

If you continue to experience any difficulties please let us know so we can help you further.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Sal

NOW TV Team

Occasional Poster
xxx55

Hi Sal, Thank you for your suggestions, I have followed them all, however to no avail. 

My 2nd TV and 2nd Now box still refuse to accept my username and password. I still consistently get the reply to try again as an unexpected error has occured. My 1st TV and 1st Now box continue to work as usual. 

Not quite sure what to check next????

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Aaron-S

Hi xxx55,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you try a hard reset of the box that is not working by unplugging it and then holding down the button at the back down for 30 seconds. You will need to perform a firmware update from the settings menu after this.
 This may also result in the need for a device reset, which you can get by contacting us on live chat.

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

Occasional Poster
xxx55

Thank you Aaron,

I gave this a go, however after keeping the reset button pressed (with a hairpin) for 30 seconds and on restarting the Now TV box I ended up in the same loop, of entering my user name, entering my password and then being told an unexpected error has occured. What this means it seems is that I cannot enter the system to access the settings menu. 

On checking again, my 1st TV and box are still working great????

Thank you and with best wishes

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Aaron-S

Hi xxx55,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Seems like a connectivity issue maybe due to distance from your router, if you switch the boxes around do you still get the same problem?

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

Occasional Poster
xxx55

Thanks for the suggestion Aaron, I have just given that a try. I find exactly the same problems when I turn the boxes around. I can now use my original box on my 2nd TV and now with my first TV I am getting the same problems. It does seem to be something to do with the 2nd Now TV Box I brought?? It did come with a free Sky Sports card, I don't know if that provides any clues???

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Aaron-S

Hi xxx55,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you get in Contact Us with us securely so we can get you a replacement box.

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team