Search

First Poster
PinotGrigio

BBC iPlayer stuck on 'is loading' page

Just got my second now tv box and everything working fine except for bbc iPlayer or the BBC news app. Box and apps all updated with the latest versions. 40d, 5 on demand all stream brilliantly. I'm with virgin on a 50mb connection and wireless connection to my virgin superhub (Netgear) is excellent.

So wondering what the issue is with iPlayer. It streams fine on all my other devices (smart tv, phone, laptop, tablet, Wii) so ruling out a Virgin problem. Does anyone else have a similar problem with it? Can it be made to work?

any help appreciated.

Jedi
StuartRogerson

Re: BBC iPlayer stuck on 'is loading' page

Try deleting the apps and reinstallng and rebooting the box.
If this doesn't work the problem may well lie with the Virgin Hub. A lot of issues here that can usually be resolved by the following (ignore the fact that you seem to have an excellent connection)
Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

PinotGrigio

Thanks for that. I tried both (reinstalled apps and disabled network pings). Only difference was 'disable network pings' wasn't in a sub menu called platform secret screen).

Anyhow, it didn't work sadly. I recognise it could be an issue with the virgin superhub but like i said, iplayer is streaming fine via all other devices connected to the superhub. Which leads me to believe this must be a compatability issue with the now tv box/superhub as opposed to a fault with the superhub.

Tried switching off the firewall etc. but run out of things to try. Any other ideas? Anyone have the same problem?

Jedi
StuartRogerson

It does appear to be an issue with VM Hubs.
Only other idea is to reset the device using a ion or a paper clip in bathe hole above the power inlet After that I am out of ideas ....
PinotGrigio

Thanks again. Tried that too but no luck.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else using a virgin superhub has iplayer working. Seems extreme to change the router to just get my nowtv box to work with iplayer. i know the superhub has taken some stick on various other forums but it works fine for me. Does the job for all my other devices just fine.

First Poster
ProblemAgain

Hi, I too have a Virgin superhub and iplayer does not work. It WAS working a couple of weeks ago, but now it does not. Every other service works. I have both a Now device and a Roku device and neither currently get iplayer, where previousely (2 weeks ago) they did. I really don't think it's a fault with the Now/Roku device, maybe Virgin or the BBC have changed something.

First Poster
Retro89

I'm not on Virgin, i have O2 (Well it's Sky now) with a netgear router. The Now TV box worked fine before Christmas but now it doesn't even get internet anymore. Done the disable ping thing, didn't work. Rebooted the router and the Now tv box, didn't work. Did a system restore, didn't work. Uninstalled apps then reinstalled, didn't work.

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Aaron-S

Hi Retro89,

Thanks for getting in contact with us.

Can I ask if you have tried relcating your box closer to your router? Are you having issues connecting any other device to your router.

We may have to supply you with a new box, can I ask you to Contact Us securely so we can get this sorted for you.

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

First Poster
Retro89

Hi, Aaron.

My router is next to the Now TV box, so it's 100% signal strength.

I don't have any issues with other devices it's just the NTV box.

Will use the Contact Us link you have provided.