Search

Community Manager
Tom-R

Re: 4oD and ITV Player catch-up services

@Bazzza67 you said in your post "4oD would be great", do you mean on the NOW TV Box? If so, it's available now!

Thanks,

Tom

Community Manager
Tom-R

@Bazzza67 you said in your post "4oD would be great", do you mean on the NOW TV Box? If so, it's available now!

Thanks,

Tom

First Poster
youyou

Perhaps I have missed something, several posts make mention of Samsung’s “exclusive” rights to supply ITV player however the Humax Youview box is not manufactured by them and has ITV player loaded on it so why not the Nowtv/Roku box  ?

Chatterbox
Scottie79

It's only because itv haven't yet developed an app for roku.
First Poster
ramccann

Hi Shannon/Now TV,

I thought Now TV was a fully realised solution to watching catchup TV and so bought it for my Mother-in-law who loves Coranation Street but also has a busy social life and is often out when it is broadcast.

I was very dissappointed to find ITV and STV player unavailable.

I may have been wrong to presume but feel that such a major exclusion should be highlighted in your advertising campaigns so that buyers can make an informed decision whether to buy based on their requirements.

Can you please advise if ITV or STV players are likely to be added in the near future.

If not, least it wasn't too expensive a mistake.

Regards

Rob

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Zaheer-H

Hi ramccann,

Thank you for your post.

Please click here for all the apps currently available on the NOW TV Box.

If more apps are added in the future then we will update you on the community.

In regards to ITV and STV you would need to contact them regarding your query.

Thanks,

Zaheer

NOW TV Team.

Occasional Poster
daddyc5

[ Edited ]

Looks like 4OD is now available so 1 down, 1 to go.

After some internet searching, the rumour is that Samsung paid a lot for exclusive rights to ITV player and this ends in 2014.

There are a lot of unhappy Sony smart TV owners as they don't play ITV either. The NOW box is cheaper than a Sony telly so don't be too miffed.

It is techically possible to get ITV player on your NOW but you need to mess about a little and have a computer streaming ITV back to your box.  This is an unsupported function so its at your own (£ 10) risk. With basic computer skills this can be done in about 5 minutes.

First Poster
bonksylol123456

How do you download itv player on now tv box?!??! 

Novice
drgeoff

[ Edited ]

@bonksylol123456 If your box doesn't already have 5.4 firmware, wait until tomorrow. (18 July).

First Poster
maxheavy

I have 2 now tv boxes,1 has itv player and the menus are completley different from the other now tv box,

I cannot get itv player on 1 of the boxes,i have factory reset it,I have powered it off and on,it is a model 2400sk firmware 4.9 build 8509,latest software update today says latest firmware,any ideas on how to get itv player on this box ?