cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are having the same problem! We have successfully watched itv player on and off for several weeks. I subscribe to the premium no-commercial player, but since updating the software, itvplayer asks us to verify our postcode. We've entered it in upper-case, lower-case and with the correct space AND even tried our relatives' postcodes, but it just keeps saying 'postcode not set' and goes into the same loop again!

IN ADDITION, bbciplayer no longer materialises on screen and neither does demand 5. Only 4 OD works successfully.

We also opted for a free trial of Sky Movies, but so far have not seen any option to view these on the NOW TV box! The trial is almost over and I won't be subscribing unless there are some major improvments with this very unreliable gadget!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User With regards watching your free trial of Sky Movies you need to open the NOW TV app on your box homescreen (green and blue logo), then you will see the movies section where you can watch movies. The following video might help you navigate around

http://youtu.be/KFY_l-4K_Uk

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your help Andy. We'll give that a try 😉
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any ideas my postcode for its wont work

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Try removing the spaces.

I hope this helps, if not please re-post and a member of the NOW TV Team/forum member will get you up and runningSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I've just tried to watch something on the ITV player for the first time through my Now TV box.  It says I can't watch it because I'm not in the correct region of the UK.  However I know the program in question was shown in my region (Northern Ireland) on Friday. It's not asking for a postcode, it simply refuses to play anything!  Is it because I'm in Northern Ireland, and is there any way round this?  I've read that other people have changed their postcode and it works but it's not giving me the option to do this.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

On the NOW TV Box we only have the ITV App available, this covers area's where ITV broadcasts.

As your in Northern Ireland you are served by UTV who are  a different company from ITV and we don't have their app available on NOW TV Boxes.

If you were in Scotland you would need STV App that is also not available via NOW TV.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks, got it sorted 😀
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello I want to watch some programmes what I missed last week why cant I get them up and I can only get yesterdays up?
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  The navigation on the ITV Player app for the Now TV box is awful, I'm afraid.  Earlier episodes are available - but they're tricky to access.

You have to play the latest episode of the show you want to watch.  When it has loaded (after the ads) press pause and an option to watch earlier episodes will appear.  I think the option is 'View All Episodes'.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.