cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Legend 5
Legend 5
I personally find Iplayer works fine. Responds as I would expect. I do however have fast internet.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:
I personally find Iplayer works fine. Responds as I would expect. I do however have fast internet.

On the "White Box" you have had to go SLOW on the remote for ages on BBC Iplayer even was the same before I binned the white boxes... Now that may just be how you normaly are @4268 Smiley LOL...

But the Ageing Consoles and Roku 3 based devices Show up how Slow the White box already is... and Iplayer is not the only app to show the Slow down. Youtube has done so as well...

Its why they continue to release even faster Newer NowTV boxes... to keep up with BBC Iplayer load on the devices...

If the user failed to get selected for the new box beta... It may be time to upgrade to the "Black Box" NowTV or wait for the other version info...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The play, pause, ff, rr buttons don't respond once a programme has started.

Reset the box, restored factory settings, deleted the app and restored it but no luck. Other apps such as ITV ok.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having exact same problem. Seems to be a new opening screen on the NOW TV box too.

Looks like a 'upgrade'

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been discussed here:

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-white/Can-t-pause-rewind-etc-Demand-5/td-p/369192

There are options.

Navigation (for BBC I Player only)  is now controlled by the OK button and 4 arrows.

You can contact the BBC for tech help or upgrade to a Black Box.

I went with the latter as I had one and really recommend that option, you can get great deals with box + pass and everything is so quick now.

My white box had become quite slow with the latest NOW TV software upgrade and the BBC issue pushed me into action.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since the update - in iPlayer the directional arrows and the fastfoward/pause/stop buttons etc no longer respond.

I can see the light flicker on the box when I press the buttons, suggesting the box is receiving the commands - so it seems a software thing. I've tried rebooting, reinstalling iPlayer, nothing helped.

It's really frustrating not being able to pause/fast foward... any advice?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous User you should be able to get some info from here as its been recently discussed:

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-white/bbc-iplayer-issue/m-p/370960#U370960
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yesterday BBC iPlayer worked perfectly. This morning the app tells me my device is no longer supported and urges me to visit the BBC website and buy a device that works.

Presumably this is tied in with the Beeb's move to only supply iPlayer streams to folk with a TV licence - but I have paid for a licence (it's here by my keyboard!)

My other NowTV box (the latest model) runs iPlayer fine so it looks as though the app on first gen NowTV boxes (ie Roku LT-based boxes) has been retired

Have other members come across this?

Can anyone suggest a workaround (other than an upgrade to a newer NowTv box).

Thanks,

Prof Q

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Try this suggestion on the link thread below, it's the same procedure for the white or black nowtv box.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/iPlayer-reporting-quot-not-available-for-your-device-quot/m-p/396192#M1214

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I'll give that a shot and report back