cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

how do i rename my box?

Does anyone know how i can change the name of my now TV box? Not just on the wesbite, for example...

In my house we have 4 boxes so if i want to connect my phone and play youtube through it i have a 1 in 4 chance of guessing which one the room im in is. All of the boxes are called "ROKU LT - 1MK.... " with a bunch of numbers after it. Is there anyway to rename it to "my room" etc?

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

There is no option on the box to rename how it appears on your LAN. Some apps such as AllCast allow you to change the name it is referred to when casting to it, but it's the app that is changing the internal name it refers to the device as, so it won't affect how other apps see it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and along with @Andy, I welcome you to the board.

At the top of this page in the green Now TV banner there is a header for "My Account" with a drop down menu arrow next to it....Press that and you will see a section "Manage devices"...Press that and it will list all (up to four) of the devices that you can watch Now TV on and all will have "Rename" next to it.  I changed mine to "Front Room Box", "Bedroom Box", Back Room Box" and "Windows PC" (for when I take Now TV on holiday.....It had a lovely time in Scotland in May Smiley Wink)

I guess that you will have to do that on a Desktop or Laptop PC but I hope that it helps and works for you.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately that renames the boxes for the purpose of managing your devices, so you know which device you want to delete, but it doesn't change the way the boxes are seen by other apps on your local area network.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy...How are you doing, Mate?

I think that I must have misunderstood the question, as I thought that @Anonymous User was just trying to rename his devices....Sorry about that but as you know full well from previous experience with me....Joined up thinking isn't my stongest point Smiley Wink

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User no worries, some lost souls will no doubt come across your post and it will help them when it comes to managing devices, so all info is good info! Together we can show them the path! 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amen to that Brother @Andy...Amen to that!! Smiley Wink