cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have tryed every single thing with this box!! I'm sick and tired of it.. It last all of 10 minutes then goes off!! I have contacted you threw email but have had no help back what so ever.. I don't see the point me having this boxs and wasting my money if I can't watch anything! Would very much like it. if someone could contact me!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear that.

We have emailed you and waiting for you to reply back 🙂

Kind regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi have u tried putting the box and the router together,touching if possible,disable the ping then try setup when connected u can move the box wherever u want in range

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have spent 2 hours tonight trying to connect and the now tv screen still comes up with error 2014

i have rebooted as i have changed from bt to vorgin but it just wont connect me and im getting very frustrated

im not it literate but please take me through the steps

@Anonymous User wrote:

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I keep getting error code 014 I've tried the home button 5 times etc and reset it also reset my router, my phone and laptop are connected to my wifi but having trouble with the now tv box!! It's a waste of space, sooner have Virgin and go into a contract than keep getting this code!!! Sort it out sky u are loosing customers!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear you've had issues with your NOW TV Box. Can you try again with only the box connected to the wi-fi and not your phone and laptop. 

Something as small as repositioning the router can also help. Can you do a hard reset on the box by putting a pin in the hole at the back of the box for 15 seconds and try again. Let us know if this helps. 

Thanks

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting increasingly frustrated with the faulty product I have purchased from Sky! My NowTV box continues to display the same error and will not connect to our hub despite all other devices being able to connect with no problems, including the smart TV downstairs in which we use the NowTV app with absolutely no issues, I will say that on the one off occasion the NowTV box connects, we can usually watch for an hour before being kicked off and it informing us that it is no longer connected to the network, when trying to reconnect a Red Cross appears next to the Internet and it informs that there is an issue with the router (which I can with confidence say, there is absolutely not) and displays the error code 014. We have tried every silly little fix we can find on google as well as even attempting to change our wifi settings and factory resetting our box on several occasions, the secret screen doesn't work! When the green tick DOES appear next to the first step, we are usually stopped at the final step and instead given error code 009, we have also followed the steps to amend this error too. This has been ongoing for months! I have ignored it up until now but think it's completely appalling that so many of your customers are reporting the same issues and yet still have no actual black and white fix for this error!!! I am paying for a service I can't use, not to mention purchased a product that is faulty, will I be reimbursed for my inconvenience? I hope to hear a reply from you soon and you don't humour me with another one of your unsuccessful fixes and this issue is resolved for all your customers sooner rather than later! I'm sure had they attempted as many fixes as myself only to get nowhere they would be just as angry and frustrated with myself! Terrible service provided!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the fix for error 014 is to disable pings. You'll see that pretty much everyone here in this 100 post thread finally solved their issue. 

You say the secret screen doesn't work, do you mean you can't find it, or that once pings are disabled it still doesn't connect? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have disabled pings, re-enabled pings and disabled them again on several occasions. This doesn't work! And as I've explained, when I do get connected, it disconnects me again and then once again displays the error 014, or 006 or 009. This fix may have worked for others in this thread, but after doing this several times, I clearly explained that NONE of the fixes in this thread have been in any way successful!
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Abijmax, 

Thanks for posting.

Really sorry to hear your still getting the 014 error message, I'll send you an email shortly with some questions regarding your account and troubleshooting you may not have tried.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team