cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Vevo not working! Help!

Every time a load vevo it plays approx 15 20 seconds then comes up with error message. I have deleted the app, factory reset the now tv box but nothing has changed
Please help!!!!!!!
7 REPLIES 7
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

You haven't said whether you have a white or black box, which would have been helpful. 

Anyway, I have a white box and my Vevo app is working as expected, even though I am not a fan of the channel.

Just as a side issue, I hoping that the new white box O/S the Now TV team are beta testing will cure or mitigate the YouTube channel freezing problem.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a white box. No help yet
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with the Vevo App. 

I can see from your previous post that you have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 

As this is a third party app, this is the only trouble shooting step that we are able to suggest as we don't have control over the app. 

I would suggest getting in touch with developers of the Vevo app, as they will be able to provide you with some more information and possibly further troubleshooting steps. 

I do apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Kind Regards,

Karl

NOW TV Team

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User & @Karl-F

You can contact the Vevo help centre using the following URL:

https://vevo.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Hope this helps.

Karl-F

It would be helpful if there was a forum page set aside with app/channel contact information for Now TV box customers to use when required.

It would go some way to preventing customers from feeling "fobbed off" when your team gives out the "contact the app makers yourself" standard answer.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have got an email back from Vevo stating that they are aware of the issue and will let me know when it has been fixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 2  Now boxes - one white, one black. Had the same problem as mentioned by others trying to watch VEVO videos - wouldn't play when using the white box, but would when using the black box. Thought it might be a location / signal problem so switched the location of the boxes. Same problem - white no play, black OK. So, I can only assume that this is a white box issue and not an app issue or signal problem. Any comments ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the white box runs an older firmware version, which it's likely the Vevo app can no longer support. However the good news is that the white boxes are in the middle of a staged rollout to the same firmware and layout as the black boxes. Hopefully once this arrives the Vevo app should start working again.