cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to stream, buffering constantly.

Ugh this is so frustrating! Trying to watch Game of Thrones on my Now TV box and it's buffering constantly and won't play more than a second or two. The internet test runs fine, I've tried unplugging it and plugging back in, I've tried playing other programmes and I keep getting the same thing. It just keeps spinning, occasionally throwing me back to the Now TV start screen. Really we invested in the Now TV box because the picture quality from the Xbox 360 app was so poor, and we were initially pleased with the quality, but now this! Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
You could try this

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got a weeks sports pass yesterday, but as yet not able to get anything it keeps saying problem stream connection try again a in later, but it's day two and still the same it's wasting my weeks pass and money, any ideas, I have a lg tv with now tv built in?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have sent you an email.

Please have a look in your inbox and junk mail.

Regard,

Aman

NOW TV TEam

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am having a similar problem.  Trying to watch Game of Thrones on my new LG webOS smart TV with the built on NOW TV app, I can watch about 10 mins and the TV just powers off.  I can watch hours of anything else on the NOW TV app (Live, Catchup etc)  but not Game of Thrones.

I also have NOW TV set-up on bed room TV via Apple TV all connected to the same network etc, and that works fine.

Any Ideas?

Thansk, Phil.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for your post.

I have emailed you directly about this.

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Sue,

I have received your email, and can confirm that I have :

Uninstalled and reinstalled the NOW app
I have a wired network connection, and all the setting as you listed

I have also checked all firmware on TV. And all up to date.

I tried to watch Game of Thrones and managed 5 mins before TV turned off. All other content is fine?

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Phil.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting.

I have sent you an email with some troubeshooting steps, please check your inbox.

Rgerads,

Aman

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Sue.

I have recieved your email and perform all that you asked, but again can still only watch 5 mins of Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 6.

TV Details as requested:
TV Details:
Model - 55LB700V-ZG
Serial Number - 502WRPDLF688
webOS TV Version - 1.3.2-3232(Afro-arches)
Software version - 04.41.32

App Details:
Now TV version - 3.5.4

Thanks, Phil.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  What speeds are you geting?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add there seems to have been a Software update to your TV    Version 04.45.04

http://www.lg.com/uk/support-product/lg-55LB700V#

Anonymous User
Not applicable
In currently getting about 12mb. And I can watch any other show, either live or demand ok. Just problem with Game of thrones.

Thanks.