cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

STV Player

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a nowtv box and just want to know if STV Player is available.  From what I can read it isn't.

If that's the case can someone confirm if you can watch ITV player in Scotland?

Thanks!

36 REPLIES 36
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User wrote:

How come you can get an stv app for you iPad and not NOW TV

As @Anonymous User has explained, just because STV see iPad as a more important platform to develop for than Rokus (which is what a NOW TV box is). See here

http://player.stv.tv/help/#platforms

NOW TV dont develop 3rd party apps for the box, it's up to the content providers themselves to develop their own apps. So best thing to do is contact STV and ask why they haven't developed a Roku STV Player app yet  - you can find a Contact Us page for STV at the top of 

http://player.stv.tv/help/#

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

If you go into the ITV player and enter your postcode it should change. If you still are facing the same problem then I recommend contacting ITV player.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Ruth

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how do we download STVplayer

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User as STV haven't made one you can't. I suggest you use the ITV Player and tell a small white lie about your address. You won't get any exclusive Scottish programming but you will get ITV1.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Cant seem to download Netflix how do I do this??
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User as Netflix is a rival service and the box is substantially subsidised NOW TV haven't added Netflix to the available apps to install on the box.

You'd need something like a Roku or Amazon Fire box/stick. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

What you should realise is that you have not bought yourself a lower priced Roku Smart TV Box, what you have got is something similar which has been drastically cut down in both allowable apps and facilities, hence the bargain price.

If you want Roku facilities then you have to buy a full priced Roku, at about £70 - £80, but if you want to dip you toe into the Smart TV box pool then getting a Now TV box (black or white) is the way to go. 

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy wrote:

If you want Roku facilities then you have to buy a full priced Roku, at about £70 - £80, but if you want to dip you toe into the Smart TV box pool then getting a Now TV box (black or white) is the way to go. 

I managed to pick up the new Roku 2 (4205) for only £43 in an Amazon Lightning deal. Probably just worth that price to get Netflix, Amazon Prime, Google Play Movies and TV on the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to know if now TV have any plans to make STV available to us that live in scotland? I find it very unfair we have no access to most stuff on itv player due to our region

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If you do a sneaky change to your postcode on the ITV app, you can get ITV shows from another region. 🙂

(I think you still can, I haven't used it in a while 🙂 )

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂