cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports News HQ App delay

What are Now TV doing about the 4 minute delay that appears whenever you use the app?

It has been reported before by more than me but nothing seems to be done about it.

As I have posted this it apparently is 2:54pm
12 REPLIES 12
BicBasher
Elite

Once I got a friend who has Sky to have the same live channel on at the same time as me on the NOW TV box, we found it was around a 30/45 second delay between the linear Sky service and the IPTV NOW TV stream.  This was a Sky Cinema channel we tested.

However, it can depend on your internet how long it takes for the stream to buffer, but it will never be truly live.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
tomasio72
Scholar

Is it better to watch on laptop and connect to TV as iv had that problem before too.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@tomasio72

I don't think you can watch Sky Sports News HQ App on the laptop unless you subscribe to the sports passes where on the nowtv box there is a dedicated app which you can access if you have either an entertainment, movies, kids or sports pass.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Sky-Sports-News-HQ-app-on-NOW-TV-Box