Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recommend an HDMI Switcher?

Hello!

New user here 🙂

My TV only has a single HDMI port, and I'd like to be able to plug in my husband's tablet as well as my NowTV box without having to keep swapping cables.  I bought an unbranded switcher from a seller on eBay, and it doesn't work at all.  My TV just keeps displaying the message "No HDMI Signal.  Check your cables".  Both devices work when plugged into the TV individually, so I wondered if anyone can recommend a reliable HDMI switcher.

Many thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Legend 5
Legend 5

I have a basic one out of Tesco, it works fine. I also have my Amazon box plugged in. Only downside is it is manual switch. I am thinking of getting a switcher with a remote, just because I am lazy.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help.  A remote would be nice, but I'm happy with manual switching 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've found 8 of them listed on Tesco Direct:

Tesco Direct HDMI Switches

Could you please tell me which one you're using?

Thanks again!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I have a cheap one just off Amazon and it works fine. About £3 and from a UK seller as most were from Hong Kong sellers with terrible reviews. I've had it for nearly a year now.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Legend 5
Legend 5

I changed my HDMI switcher yesterday to one from Maplin. It has a small remote and works great. Watched content from both Now and Amazon on it.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.