cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried disabling ping and rebooting router and box but still getting error 14 and no connection to my wifi
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Did you just reboot the nowtv box or carried out a factory hard reset, according to this guide linked below if the disable network pings fail then the guide recommends a factory hard reset on the box.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

Also who is your ISP and model of your Router ?

The guide also mentions if you have  Virgin SuperHub Router to change the channel settings to Auto.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that your having issues.

Please can you provide us with the information as requested by @schnapps so we can try and help you.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried the trouble shooting and turning box and router off and back on and it still won't work it's annoying me now because I have activated my free pass code and the stupid thing still won't work so now my free pass is wasted. I still keep getting error code 014 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried the information contained on this help guide article linked below ?

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

Also who is your ISP and what is your Router model ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box sporadically losses connection to the Internet even though when I go into settings, it's picking up my Internet. I usually spend 20 minutes fiddling with it- turning on and off, resetting and can sometimes get it to work but some days I just give up and got back the next day and it was working. There is nothing blocking the signal and it's in the same room. It's really really frustrating!! My wifi is working on other devices also during these times so don't think it's the Internet.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Which model of Roku branded device do you have?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi 🙂
It's a white now tv box. Not sure if it's a certain model. Will this be on the box?
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi 🙂
It's a white now tv box. Not sure if it's a certain model. Will this be on the box?

Hi @Anonymous User

If it's a white NowTV box you have, then I think the model number is 2400sk. You can doublecheck if you go to the about page which is in system settings on the box

Settings > system > about

Don't be surprised if this topic gets moved to the NowTV white box board.

Have you tried the steps at the help article below?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - can someone help me???  I am trying to set my Father up with NOWTV to be able to watch Sky Sports in his care home.  Unfortunately the care home WIFI has a log on page which you need to go through and press continue, which is where I believe we are getting the error 014 message from.  I have done all the press home 5 times etc, and it keeps coming up with three green ticks to say it has internet wireless, then it stops and comes up with the error 014.40.  All my father wants to do is watch sky sports, and I cannot help him.  Please can someone tell me how I can get him to be able to watch telly.  He hasn't got very good eyesight so am trying to get it working on a big screen not a laptop.  I have seen from scrolling up and down that some students have had the same problem when trying to use the uni internet.  If I set up a phone hotspot in his room to run it off of, would it then be running off my fathers mobile data?  I do not want him to have a huge bill, when the WIFI is free in the home?  Your help would be greatly appreciated,