cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All fixed, but goodness knows how! Connected box to another TV in a different room and it didn't want to play. However, after lots of random button pressing it suddenly worked! Took it back to original set and, after a bit of faffing, it's working there too. Thanks for the support!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem, tried everything suggested. Taking the box back its useless. Eventually got through to live chat and they were as much use as! Pathetic piece of kit 😕
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ISP - Virgin Media

Router - Super Hub 2

Yes, i'm selecting the correct router from the wireless list.

Yes, i have SSID enabled.

Yes, i have more than 3 signal bars.

No, my wireless does not require a username to log in.

I've tried disabling my Firewall on router, disabling WPS, changing wireless password.

The first light goes green when connecting. My Router also shows that the box is connected. However, it is not conencted because i recieve an error message when it fails to connect to my local network?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi JosephPiper,

Thank you for your post.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the NOW TV Box.

May I ask you to try the following troubleshooting steps here that maybe of help.

Also can you let us know exactly what error message you are seeing.

Thanks,

Zaheer

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it will not connect to my local network. get error code 014

your customer service is terrible

please show some respect and help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My now tv Bix keeps showing error 009 when turning box on can't connect to Internet I have checked router all is fine there it works on phone perfectly via same router... Please advise... Tom
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
My now tv Bix keeps showing error 009 when turning box on can't connect to Internet I have checked router all is fine there it works on phone perfectly via same router... Please advise... Tom

Hi @Anonymous User 

You could try setting up a guest network on your router.

But be careful when doing this because you need to make sure that the guest network is correctly secured as on domestic routers guest networks are sometimes insecure by default, although they can often have security applied to them.

How you set this up would depend upon your Internet provider and the model of your router. There should be guest network options somewhere in your router settings.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just to add to what @commanda6 has posted the 009 code usually means that there's a disruption in the connection between the NOW TV Box and your router.

This error was solved by anorther forum member recently by resetting the router and NOW TV Box, even though other devices were working OK.  Might be worth a try?

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box/cannot-connect-to-sky-hub-please-help-code-014-then-009-after/m-p/276215#M20347

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just to add to what @commanda6 has posted the 009 code usually means that there's a disruption in the connection between the NOW TV Box and your router.

This error was solved by anorther forum member recently by resetting the router and NOW TV Box, even though other devices were working OK.  Might be worth a try?

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box/cannot-connect-to-sky-hub-please-help-code-014-then-009-after/m-p/276215#M20347

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User 

That is a textbook definition of the problem.Smiley Happy Resetting of the now TV box and the router will solve the problem in its temporary but there are cases where some routers will not allow the now TV box to join standard networks.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.