cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv closing apps

When i click on an app for example crunchroll the app closes by its self anyone know how to fix this
14 REPLIES 14
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello there 🙂

Please see this link.

If it doesn't help, then click on 'contact us' for help from a staff member. It is best if you click the 'live chat' option 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Guys

I've just tried to reload the "Crunchyroll" app back onto my white box and, guess what, it doesn't work, plus this app has not worked since December (2015).  I thought that Now TV was looking into this problem.

You know, I think that tinkering with your white box, i.e. pressing the reset button, deleting and re-installing the app, etc. is a waste of time (and a distraction to make you believe you are actually doing something).

Personally, as I'm not an anime fan, I'm not bothered if this app ever works again but for those who like anime Now TV should announce whether Crunchyroll is still part of the official Now TV package (I suspect that it is not).

UK Bob

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @caseyb1993 @Help12234 @AletschBub @auroa @Osculogic,

let me chase this up see if we can get an update for you guys.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i was having the same issue with crunchyroll on my NowTV box since december , it is fixed now i went into the settings of my box and reset it to factory settings and then installed crunchyroll again and is working now as intended

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Simon-J   @caseyb1993   @Help12234   @AletschBub   @auroa   @Osculogic

Dear Forum Members

Since the white box OS update from 6.1 to 7.0 I have found that both "Crunchy Roll" and "YouTube" now works the way they used to back in 2014.  Therefore, I believe that the OS update has cured the app problems we were all having.

However, I do not believe that pressing reset, removing and re-installing apps or any of that technical nonsense did any good whatsoever, it was just a bit of blindsiding.

But now the update has given us white box owners another year (or two???) of usefulness, and for that I am grateful.

UK Bob