cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv closing apps

When i click on an app for example crunchroll the app closes by its self anyone know how to fix this
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, amyjulia89

This certainly sounds like an issue relating to the software on your NOW TV Box. Not to worry, I have some helpful steps on performing a full hard reset on the device. It will erase all previous configuration, but should resolve the problems you are facing. Here's some steps to follow:

1. Press a pin in the RESET hole and hold down for 30 seconds.
  2. Set-up the box again

If this doesn't resolve the issue, I recommend contacting NOW TV Support directly, in order to implement additional diagnostics. 

Thanks!

Osculogic

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have tried a hard reset but it still keeps happening with the one app
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for responding, @Anonymous User

I am not familiar with the application in reference. It does sound like an issue with the application itself, which means that the developer of Crunchyroll will need to address the problem with a package update. There is not much that NOW TV can do in regards to resolving issues with one particular third-party application.

Thanks!

Osculogic 

ukbobboy
Legend

Hi Help12234

Although I am not familiar with your problem, i.e. Crunchyroll app not working properly, it may be an idea to uninstall then re-install the app.  So if it is just that app which is now faulty then replacing it should cure your problem.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

@Anonymous User performed the hard reset that I requested. The reset would have removed all of the files for the application. As the OP has stated the problem is still occurring, even after re-installing of the software, it would suggest that the problem lies with the developer. 

After testing the app myself, I have experienced the same issue. The crashing is not specific to the NOW TV Box. 

Thanks!

Osculogic 

ukbobboy
Legend

Hi Osculogic & other interested parties

I am now experiencing the same problem and so I have concluded that the "Crunchyroll" app/channel is faulty, not the Now TV box. 

I am not an anime fan so the loss of Crunchyroll will not affect me or my viewing pleasure but I hope this app crashing problem is quickly sorted out.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hope this is fixed soon i like to use the app on my tv through the now tv box
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is everybody still having this same problem?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't get Crunchyroll to open on the NOW TV box. I was looking for some help in resolving this, but it looks like everyone has the same problem.

If anyone has found a solution, please post it.