cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital @Anonymous User

Hi J (and the rest of the gang)

Reading your problem reminded me of a similar problem I had when I had just joined Now TV (back in Oct 2014), my user name would not work.

However, a helpful helpdesk person advised me to register my user name in block capital letters only, I thought of this as strange at the time but since then I have never had another sign-in problem.

UK Bob

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital @Anonymous User

Hi J (and the rest of the gang)

Reading your problem reminded me of a similar problem I had when I had just joined Now TV (back in Oct 2014), my user name would not work.

However, a helpful helpdesk person advised me to register my user name in block capital letters only, I thought of this as strange at the time but since then I have never had another sign-in problem.

UK Bob

Hi @ukbobboy

that's strange Smiley Surprised on most systems usernames are usually case-sensitive

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6

Hi C6

Yes you are right, most user names are case sensitive but for some reason my user name on that day would not work in lower case letters and so the helpdesk person suggested block capital letters and, surprise surprise, it worked.  And has continued to work ever since.

You know, up until that day I have never had my user name, in the myriad of systems I've used in the past, in upper case letters only.

As you may remember, I believe in the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid) so I'm not going to look into the why's and where fore's, I just accept it.

UK Bob

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Are you connecting to a VPN or using a secure network for work or halls or residents anything like that?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's working now thank you all for the help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box won't let me sign in to my account even though all network connections and correct and running, username and password correct but coming up with unknown error occurred please renter username and password. Have tried this 5 times and still doing the same
Legend 5
Legend 5
Hi is this a new box or an existing one? If existing should show in under devices in my account. If new try following unplug for a few minutes and try again . If still doesn't work try rebooting your router, the two might be in a mood with each other... Then try again. If existing may be worth removing the device from my devices. Then trying again. If still no joy try chat.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have the exact same error message

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just came out of a Live Chat session as I was having the same problem. Apparently it's a known issue and they are looking into it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

There is an intermitant issue with some white NOW TV Boxes.

We are engaged with our teams and I will forward your posts onto them.

Thanks

Andy