cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freeview Channels

I have Now TV and just set up on an old TV via the 3 phono cable (it doesnt have HDMI)

I wanted Now TV to give me freeview on a TV that couldnt get it.

Does anyone know how to access standard Freeview TV channels? I have just set up and had to get the free 30 days Sky Movies, but just want a list of the Freeview channels so that I can watch normal TV?

Thanks

48 REPLIES 48
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  do you have an alternative way of watching Freeview?  Please note the smart box requires an aerial to access Freeview.  You can however use the playto app http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Some-Freeview-viewable-on-the-Black-Box/m-p/329139/highlight/true#M875

If you are looking at internet based connections to watch Freeview,  the TV player app on Amazon TV is good.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  You can access live channels on Now TV by going into the Now TV app, selecting the section of whichever pass you have and choosing 'Watch Live' at the top of the menu.

If you want to watch Freeview channels live, you would need a Now TV Smart Box, rather than the smaller Now TV Box (which does not have a terrestrial tuner).

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM wrote:

If you want to watch Freeview channels live, you would need a Now TV Smart Box, rather than the smaller Now TV Box (which does not have a terrestrial tuner).

Indeed... And you would also need a TV aerial and a TV licence 😉

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Indeed... And you would also need a TV aerial and a TV licence 😉

And a television set and a supply of electricity Smiley Tongue

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you think l should take the plug out the box and the TV to see if it works
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
No messages on my TV My model number on the box is#4200sk-uk

Okay... That's that confusion over with. Even though you have submitted your post within the 'NOW TV Box (white)' section, you do in-fact have the NOW TV Box (black)!

Which offers the following UK TV apps: BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 and My5. Of which, currently BBC iPlayer 'live' streaming. I'm not sure about others!

By-the-way... You can edit your posts. You don't have to submit a new one everytime you think of something new to say!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Top

What are the channels you actually wanted?

Maybe they are there but you just can't find them.

Get back to the forum if you want help.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Top

Just to let you know the following apps are on the box, you may have to install some of them from the App Store:

BBC iPlayer - All BBC's catch-up programmes, ie. BBC1, BBC2, BBC4 and all BBC 3's current programming, plus some BBC radio stations as well.

ITV Hub - All ITV's catch-up programmes, ie ITV1 to 4 and other ITV channels.*

All4 - All Channel 4's catch-up programmes, ie C4, More 4, 4Music and Film 4. 

Channel 5 - All Channel 5's catch-ups, ie C5, Spike, 5 USA , 5 Star and other C5 channels.*

* Sorry, personally I do not watch much of ITV and C5 nowadays and so not up on all the channels associated with those TV companies.

UK Bob

PS.  There's also another recently launched channel/app your hubby maybe interested in, it's a music channel called "Box 2".

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hmm, where are all the freeview channels? 

The accepted answer says its in the apps, but the marketing blurb, both on the nowtv box i bought states, "over 60 Freeview channels" -- its the small nowtv 2 box.  I thought it would be great to have a dinky little box that was able to stream the freeview channels without the need of an outdoor arial, is this not the case?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi RB

I've not personally counted the freeview apps/channels on my black Now TV box but I don't think there are sixty of them.  However, what I do know is that the major TV companies, i.e. BBC, ITV, C4 and C5 have most, if not all, of their catch-up apps on the Now TV box.

The Now TV smart box (as pictured) is the one that will have all the freeview channels currently available but you will still need to get an arial.

Now TV Smart Box with Remote Control.jpg

UK Bob