cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freeview Channels

I have Now TV and just set up on an old TV via the 3 phono cable (it doesnt have HDMI)

I wanted Now TV to give me freeview on a TV that couldnt get it.

Does anyone know how to access standard Freeview TV channels? I have just set up and had to get the free 30 days Sky Movies, but just want a list of the Freeview channels so that I can watch normal TV?

Thanks

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, it's been driving me crazy.... It's so unclear. When I cancled my Entertainment Pass it told me I could watch TV free for a month!!!! So I thought I'd cancelled the whole thing.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I don't understand this box. I was told in the store that there was NO monthly fee. Now I've registered I'm told there is a £6.99 monthly fee. Please can someone explain? Thanks

NowTV is a subscription pay type services without any long term contract agreement, you can cancel and opt out and opt back in at anytime.

The only content that you can watch for free are the BBC i player, ITV player, All4 and Demand 5 services and a few of the apps.

The NowTV content is not free.

What Store did you buy the NowTV box from ?

Personally, you need to go back to the store and explain to them that you was Mis sold the box by the store salesman and ask for a refund.

Ignore above info, seems artesea has got you covered Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been blxxxy conned. Don't want this stupid box now. I wanted live TV. I will be moving to Amazon as soon as this pass runs out. Waste of my very hard earned cash from a bunch of con artists. Hate it and I've only had it an hour! Will be telling others to steer clear of Now tv!
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  what device did you get?  You have posted in the white box section which is for the original box.  There have been launches of two boxes since then.  The black box which has been available for just over a year and the recently launched smart box which includes Freeview when hooked up to an aerial.  Neither the black box nor white box include Freeview, though there are ways to access it via the Playto App and obviously you can get the BBC and ITV channels via their respective apps.  

What pass did you get?  What content were you interested in?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268 @Anonymous User

Hi 4268

It seems that Helen is so angry it makes me wonder who she is actually angry with, herself for being conned, not doing any research and so conning herself or someone else for giving her false information.

And as you pointed out, what did she buy?

OR

Now TV (Ultra New) Box.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a white box and it said i cohld het freeview not sure how to do it could some please help me thanks 

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Someone said wrong 😥

There was briefly a black box, the original Smart NowTV box, that could get Freeview as it had a tuner built in and accepted an aerial cable, but it didn’t last long, as most of the TVs that anyone might plug it into had Freeview anyway.

It had a niche for those with old analogue, or digital but non-HD, TVs and for those who wanted a buffer to pause and rewind live TV (30 minutes max). But not having channel buttons on the remote was a faff.

You can get a good range of Freeview channels, some even live, from the Player apps on your white box, such as the BBC iPlayer, the itv Hub and All4, but that’s about the limit of it.

Despite its brief life (or perhaps because of it) the Freeview NowTV box is still surprisingly popular, and secondhand ones can be found on eBay for more than they cost new; but you can pretty much do everything that it did, and more, with a secondhand YouView box alongside your white NowTV box, and do it cheaper.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Arr ok someone did mention downloading an app to get the freeveiw channels i am not sure if you can do this 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

As it happens, I went through all the apps you can get on NowTV devices this morning, and none of them do that.

There are apps you can download on the actual Roku devices (same hardware, but without the software lockdowns that NowTV devices have) that will go some way towards that though.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I obviously bought the wrong one. Not happy that it wasn't made clear, but
we live and learn. Once the six months is over I'll go elsewhere.
Thanks for your help though. I do appreciate it 😊