cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freeview Channels

I have Now TV and just set up on an old TV via the 3 phono cable (it doesnt have HDMI)

I wanted Now TV to give me freeview on a TV that couldnt get it.

Does anyone know how to access standard Freeview TV channels? I have just set up and had to get the free 30 days Sky Movies, but just want a list of the Freeview channels so that I can watch normal TV?

Thanks

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi piethorn,

There isn't a way to watch all freeview channels via the white & Black NOW TV Boxes, but there is plenty of On Demand content via apps from BBC, ITV Channel 4 & Channel 5. 

However, you are able to watch all available freeview channels in your region  with a NOW TV Smart Box (aerial required) click here for more info on the Smart Box

The NOW TV Entertainment pass, avaible on all boxes, has 11 channels including Sky Atlantic and Sky One for just £6.99 a month.

So there's still plenty of great TV content available on your NOW TV Box Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Steve

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just got nowtv.  Ok it"s ok but I did think I would be able watch all free view channels too including bbc1, 2, itv 1 (live).  I thought I would be able to remove my sky box.  

Is is this going to happen in the future?    I have the box for my bedroom and am enjoying my free trial of movies and entertainment but once they run out not sure of what the point in having it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

You can watch BBC and ITV channels live through the respective catch-up apps.

If you want all the Freeview channels, buy a Freeview box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You would be better with an Amazon Fire TV Stick, This gives you Freeview via the TVPlayer app.

Also has Now TV app Netflix and of course Amazon Video.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

You would be better with an Amazon Fire TV Stick, This gives you Freeview via the TVPlayer app.

Also has Now TV app Netflix and of course Amazon Video.

Actually no, it currently doesn't include the NOW TV app...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hay smartass some people like me have half a dozen booster airials laying about from when I moved from previous home to my new build that has got an utterly horrendous freeview signal so some people don't have a choice. I've tried booster powered aerials to electric boosters but the way my house is positioned in my scheme freeview signals very poor.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree , My friend bought it so i can watch all the channels. Only to find i cannot watch them. I need a freeview box or up grade the TV  

Legend 5
Legend 5

An Amazon fire stick at £35 may be a good option for you if you download apps to it. Such as Filmon and TV player.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

Sorry piethorn

The Now TV box is NOT a freeview box and whoever told you that it is has mislead you.

You will be able to watch Catch Up TV channels with it, such as BBC iPlayer, 4OD, 5OD and ITV player, but that's your lot when it comes to "free to air" TV.

However, there are "some pay per view" stuff available, and another forum members will tell you more about that,  but as for "Freeview" you're going to have to get yourself a proper box, try the following URL:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_8/280-2785757-3617846?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywor...

UK Bob