cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Itv hub, Channel 4 & You tube not working

For the past few weeks ITV Hub, Channel 4 & You tube no longer work (only BBC iplayer works). I get past the initial title screens and then the screen goes black.

I have unplugged my wifi, unplugged the white box, run an update, run a factory update from the secret screen and none of it works. I have also logged in via my Dad's white box and the same thing happens on his. Is there any way to resolve this as I have now run out of ideas?!

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

This sounds as though there is some restriction on your Internet service that's stopping access to these services.

I would speak with your Internet provider and ask them if certain services are restricted.

Thanks

Andy

De4r
Advocate

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

This sounds as though there is some restriction on your Internet service that's stopping access to these services.

I would speak with your Internet provider and ask them if certain services are restricted.

Thanks

Andy

I'm the same you tube and vevo won't work on my white now tv but it works on the black now tv. 

I have done the updates but still nothing 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

-meh nevermind. Seems to be an old thread which was replyied to so missed the fact the date of the original OP was ages ago!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also can not get itv hub keeps saying no video try again later been saying this for a month can get all other programs, have spoken to itv hub people they say no one else has this problem feel has if I have been conned.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues.

Are you able to perform a software update by following these steps?

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Has there been an O/S update on the White Now TV box?

UK Bob

PS. It seems not, I've just looked at my box and it checked for an update at 1.48am today but there weren't any.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Both my Now TV boxes (white) have stopped working. They constantly soft-reset between the screensaver and home screen, so I'm unable to watch anything.

As it's both boxes, I would suspect a software issue.

Anyone having/had similar issues? Any assistance out there?

I've been a Now TV customer from the start.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

When you say soft-reset do you mean it constantly seems to be restarting itself, or just that it gets stuck on a certain screen and can't move from that? 

Strange that it's happening on both boxes, but the usual first troubleshooting step with issues like this is to do a hard reset - with the box powered on, push a pin into the reset hole in the back and hold there until you see the box restart itself, then remove. If all goes well you will need to set up your wifi and NOW TV account details again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

To my knowledge, there shouldn't be a software issue causing this.

Are you able to give us a little more information on the error itself? Does it reset the box fully when leaving Screensaver?

Once you've tried the step given by @Andy can you try resetting your wireless router too?

Thanks 

Rob

NOW TV Team