cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing's playing

I've got an entertainment pass, and am trying to watch Bob's Burgers, but all I get is the spinning 4 blobs. Tried some other shows and the same- spinning blobs abd nothing else. My box can clearly connect to the internet, and it's firmware has been upgraded etc, but nothing. Not happy.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear this. Are you still having issues with the buffering balls? Are you having issues on any other device? Can you try rebooting your router and your NOW TV box please. 

Sometimes bring the router closer to the box can help also.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorry about the delay, but I just want to add it's not working again. It always seems to be like this, it works intermittently and I let it slide because it was only a tenner or so, but I'm getting tired of it now. At least half the time it simply doesn't work (not just the NowTV app, but other apps such as BBC iplayer and 4od are a crapshoot) and we have to use the XBox, which completely defeats the point of having the box. It's completely up to date, it can see the network fine, I've reset it and all sorts, it's just a low quality piece of kit which regularly doesn't work as it's meant to.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User sounds more like poor wifi / interference than a low quality piece of kit.

Having you tried moving the box away from other equipment? Tried changing the wifi channel to something less congested like 1, 6 or 11?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having problems with the player, nothing is playing. Live shows, normal shows, movies, nothing. it doesnt work on Google Chrome or firefox. And Internet Explore Doesn't even load then damn thng. Waste of money.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Maksy96 

http://help.nowtv.com/

Hello, 🙂 

Are you just having trouble with PC?

• Click the link and click on 'technical issues'.
  • Click on 'windows PC'.
  • There are some help pages that could help you.

If they don't, go on one of the pages and click on 'contact us' and then you will see 'live chat'.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that your having issues with our service.

What devices have you tried  to use ?

On your PC have you allowed Silverlight to run within the FireFox browser ?

Are there any restrictions on your broadband that might be blocking NOW TV ? 

As a test if you have a NOW TV Box can you connect this to a WIFI network setup on your mobile ?

Let us know how you get on.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

YEP NOTHING IS PLAYING HERE IN YORKSHIRE - OFF MY LAPTOP SAYS THERE IS AN ISSUE AND TO CONTACT YOU GUYS..... MMMMM???????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting. Are you able to watch on any other device? I hope the whole of Yorkshire isn't having the same problem? Can you try another browser for me and or try the Windows app if you have Windows 8.1 and above.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Legend 5
Legend 5

Ranj, now is working in north Yorkshire.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.