cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No tv signal and light flashing

I have a black now TV box there is no TV signal at all I have reset x amount of times I have done the old sega trick blowing in to clean changed cable and port on the TV but nothing has worked
1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you got the standard nowtv black box or the newer smart box with the inbuilt Freeview TV tuner ?

You say that you have reset the box, was this a reboot by switching the power off to the box and then re powering the box back on again ?

I would try a factory hard reset if you haven't tried this previously.

Black box 

With both the TV and nowtv box left switched on push a pin in the small reset hole at the back of the box and keep holding until the initial setup screen appears on the TV display.

Smart Black box

Press the reset button underneath the bottom of the smart box, then when the homepage is displayed go to the menu settings, then select System then select Advanced systems settings, then select Factory reset.

When carrying out a factory reset on both above devices you will need to setup the box from scratch again including entering your wifi password and nowtv username and password.

If the above doesn't work and there is still no display on the TV screen, with the TV and box switched off, try disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable at both ends or try a different HDMI port on your TV or maybe try a different HDMI cable.

Also make sure that the white light is permanently on at the front of the box, if not check the power cable is connected tightly into the box power socket and the mains plug is in properly.