cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New homepage update February 2016 and White Now TV box

I understand a new software version was rolled out in February this year which included a new homepage.

I have 2 white Now TV boxes and I have been informed by customer services that the new homepage update, which was released in February 2016, is only available on the black Now TV boxes.

There was a press release about the new update by the Director of Now TV did not mention that the new homepage would only be available on the black boxes.

Has any with a white box been able to upgrade to the new software version?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User from the email I got yesterday it looks like the white boxes will be getting it shortly. If it's anything like the black box rollout it'll take a couple of months and boxes will be updated in batches so you may find one of your boxes getting the update a lot earlier than the others. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User from the email I got yesterday it looks like the white boxes will be getting it shortly. If it's anything like the black box rollout it'll take a couple of months and boxes will be updated in batches so you may find one of your boxes getting the update a lot earlier than the others. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Artesea

I'm a white box owner and I am somewhat concerned about the impending roll-out of new O/S software, simply because if it is going to be anything like the black box new O/S roll-out, with all it's problems, then the new upgraded O/S could be disastrous.

OK, I sound like the voice of doom, so I'm going to cross my fingers.  Here's hoping for a problem free roll-out and O/S upgrade.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My white box has been updated and the picture is wrong and I can't pause, rewind or forward on bbc I player. Terrible.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
My white box has been updated and the picture is wrong and I can't pause, rewind or forward on bbc I player. Terrible.

@Anonymous User

Try deleting the BBC i player app then reinstall the app again from the App Store.

Might be worth a shot.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the info. However the display of the now box is wrong. It no longer fits the sixes of my screen sou all apps are equally affected. 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User do you use an AV lead or HDMI?

@ukbobboy box firmware updates are staged, partially to spot any bugs missed during testing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I use a hdmi. I've spoken to the help  desk and they suggest a reset.  
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Artesea

Yes, I would agree with you on that it's just that I've noticed that my box has been checking for upgrades/updates a lot more often than usual nowadays.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy wrote:

Yes, I would agree with you on that it's just that I've noticed that my box has been checking for upgrades/updates a lot more often than usual nowadays.

All Roku's check once every 24 hours for any app/firmware updates.