cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW tv box not working

Since 21st November been having trouble with one of my NOW boxes, upstairs one works fine, downstairs one not,  it keeps saying " currently not connected to wifi?" so re scan for my wi fi enter password,  then it ticks first 2 boxes and red cross in the internet box, (but I have internet and other box is working at exactly same time error code 003)

Thanks for any advice

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is what it is saying right now "Verify that the wireless router is turned on  and you entered the password correctly Remember the passowrds are case sensitive error code 014)  so that has changed even from a aminute ago what is going on?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting.  Error code 003 usually indicates a problem with the wireless connection between the router and the box.  I'd suggest changing the wireless channel on your router and also, if possible, try moving the box into a slightly different position ensuring that it's not in a confined space. 

If you're unsure about how to change the wireless channel, please post your ISP & router model and I'm sure someone will be able to offer you support with thisSmiley Happy

Finally, in case you haven't already done this, try a reset on the box by putting a pin or paperclip in the hole at the back for 15s or so.

Hope this helps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Pethead, thanks for your reply,  have just done a live chat and they suggested the pin in reset and have done that and touch wood it is back, the upstairs one is still ok,  just out of interest how would i change the channel, I am with BT and it a home hub 5

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

this is what it is saying right now "Verify that the wireless router is turned on  and you entered the password correctly Remember the passowrds are case sensitive error code 014)  so that has changed even from a aminute ago what is going on?

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry if you've tried this already put but firstly can you try doing a hard reset of your now TV box.

To do this, follow the instructions inThis help article. Unfortunately when you've done this, you will have to re-enter your Wi-Fi and now TV account details into the box.

When you're on the network setup screen during the first time setupplease enter the following sequence of keys in fairly quick succession

Home (5x)

FF
play
RR
Play
FF

Once you've done this after a second or two secret screen will pop-up. Press okay on the option which says "enable network things" this will disable network pings. Then press back on your remote to return to the network setup screen , then scan for wireless networks and enter your Wi-Fi details

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

EDIT:

also see @Anonymous User's aboveSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Commander, thanks for your reply,  I did try that but it didn't work, I have just done the factory reset an it is working am just going to check it is still working though!