cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Box wont connect to internet

NOW TV box has stopped connecting to internet.

Was working fine till yesterday.

Reset to factory settings to go through set up again.

Went through set up.

First two checks okay (connects to wireless and connects to local network)

but then gives error 009 when try to connect to internet.

I can access internet using my phone via same wireless point so internet access is possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.  The 009 code usually means that there's a disruption in the connection between the NOW TV Box and your router. 

I would suggest rebooting your router and doing a soft reset on the NOW TV boxes by sticking a paperclip the button at the back of the box until the screen goes blue & the black NOW TV screen re-appears.

This helped recently when another customer was getting error 009 http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box/cannot-connect-to-sky-hub-please-help-code-014-then-009-after/m-p/276215#M20347

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recently got a NOW TV box.

Managed to connect to local network after several attempts (had error code 014

but managed to sort it using the combination of key presses to get to secret screen as described on another post), and box connected and was working fine.

Just yesterday it's stopped connecting to internet properly so

I reset back to factory settings to go through set up again.

Got through error code 014 as above so now it connects to wireless and local network (first 2 check boxes)

but won't connect to internet (check box 3).

Keeps giving error code 009.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Wireless internet is via a TP-link (powerline router) and worked fine till yesterday.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting in touch.

The 009 code means that there is a disruption in the connection between the NOW TV Box and your router. Could you try bring the box closer to the router and removing any obstacles in between the router and the box?

Kind regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
They're already very close together and there are no obstacles between the
wireless box and the NOW TV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Thanks for update.  Have you tried resetting your router?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all and anyone who can help. I was going along great with my NOWTV box then all of a sudden it just stopped working. I tried all the fixes for error message 014 but got nowhere. I was on the chat line for going on4 hours and after changing my username and password still got nowhere so they have sent me a new box. Sadly that doesn't work either!

my mini i pad and i phone are both working fine it's just the tv. 

Can an anyone help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User which error 14 solutions have you tried?

I assume disabling pings, how about renaming the 5Ghz SSID or enabling the Guest Wifi mode and connecting to that instead?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi artesea

yes did all the 014 stuff lots of times. A guy from SKY even changed some channel on my router in case that was conflicting but no joy. 

Now as as for what you suggest. On my TVs I only get the set up a new wi fi connection menu and the after clicking ok it brings up my internet connection name and I am asked for a password so I wouldn't even know how to do what you say!,

sorry!! Where would I go to do that?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'll assume you are with Virgin Media. Have a Google search for Virgin Guest Wifi Mode and follow the steps to enable on your router, then on your NOW TV box connect to the new wifi name and see how you get on. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi antesea

didnt get your reply till this morning. No I am with SKY all normal stuff as far as I know. I just have no idea why the broadband wifi works to other devices and has just stopped to the tv? To my little brain it makes no sense. Hell the box is even attached to the tv so why no connection. 

Still could not do what u said to do. Sorry not the worlds greatest at technical stuff but that was why I liked the now box as it really was plug and play.