cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that - worked a treat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m cancelling now tv your are the worse people to help me

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awesome!! Worked for me too after my box suddenly stopped working. Am Virgin too.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subject:

My Now TV box has never worked.

I have plugged in the Now TV box correctly on my TV. My TV is working. I have entered my username and password correctly several times on the TV. The message on my TV is: YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT SET UP PROPERLY. I have accessed my account on my laptop several times and it says it is complete. My order number is -------. My Username is --------.  I know that my account details are not blocked as I rang Sky and was passed through to an adviser at your technical department.   What do I do to get my Box working.   I bought it in December and I am delayed in setting it up.  Help.   Thanks   Judith Hollows

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear you've had some issues with the NOW TV box. Not the great start but we can change this for you. When you are logged in on your laptop can you please watch for 2 minutes and then try again please on your box.

If that fails can you try rebooting your box and trying again please. Let us know how you get on. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Ranj. I am trying to watch programmes through the Now TV box on my television not on my lap top. I am not sure what advice you are giving me. I will try it again and get back to you, Judith

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was fine yesterday but today my TV just says no signal, I've tried unplugging, resetting all the usual things but nothing has worked, does anyone have advice?
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Can we ask you to ensure the TV is on the right source for the NOW TV Box? For instance if your box is connected by HDMI you'll need to ensure you're on the input "HDMI1"

It might be worth unplugging at the mains and plugging in again, at this point do you see the light come on the box? (it might be quite dim)

I know you've reset the box but there's a few ways to do this, you might need to try a hard reset.

Come back to us if you're still having the issue.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team