cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

What exactly is the problem, connection to wi-fi?  If so, I'd suggest turning both your router & box off at the mains for 20s or so then back on again.  Though simple, this can often solve a lot of connectivity problems.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Just to add to @Anonymous User post, if you can give us as much details as possible to what error your experiencing then we can help you further.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exacty the same problem. 

My Now TV just stopped connecting to wi-fi. I have reser box boxes but Now TV box now just keeps on restarting iteself and it wouldn't connect to internet.

I keep on getting the error code 014.12.

Every time it restarts itself, I go to network settings but it either does not want to connect and I get the same error code, or it just starts restarting again. It has been like this for about 2 hours now.

Does this mean something is wrong with the box? I have a white one and I have had it for a while. The connecting has always been an issue and the streaming has never been without interruptions (on tv an on my tablet). But still it worked until this morning.

If there is a fault with the Now TV box, is it possible to have a replacement one?

Many thanks for your help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear your box is not connecting to your WIFI.

Have you tried any of the steps outlined above ? If possible can you try and connect your NOW TV Box to another WIFI connection such as 1 from a mobile phone ?

This just helps establish where the fault could be.

Thanks

Andy

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Andy

About that 014 Now TV error message, I just found this snippet of information which may or may not work and is also dependant on whether your box has developed a fault.

Anyway here it is:

Found that having special characters and spaces in the password breaks it, i.e. your network connection, causing your Now TV box to refuse to connect to your wireless network.

I found this info here:  http://informedtechie.co.uk/article-nowtv-error-code-014/

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good spot @ukbobboy, It's worth a try 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply Andy.

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps for both my we-fi router and the Now TV box, and nothing helped. I did not use the box for a few days and when I switched it on again, I re-set it once again and then it worked. But only for couple of days until it froze again.

If this continues, I guess I will just have to get a new box. This one is over a year old so I presume it is not under warranty.

Many thanks once again.

Best wishes,

Jasminka

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, I have a white Now TV that I have been using with Virgin wifi for over a year. Now it has the same network connectivity issue all of a sudden (error cide 014.12) and keeps restarting itself. I have tried
1. Resetting router, box
2. Resetting box pin (hard reset)
3. Folliwing network ping disable
Nothing works. What is the solution please?
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Have you tried the other advice on this thread? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, as I see from a few other users I am having the above issue and can't connect to wifi networks. I've followed the established advice and gone through box reset, restored to factory settings, followed the hidden menu instructions for disable network pings, switched nowtv box and router off at power for over twenty mins but still have this error message upon trying to connect to network. Box running great for a year with no trouble at all until yesterday when I switched on. Last worked on Fri 20th May. 

Can anyone help? 

Many thanks