cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device limit

I really don't understand why you need to have a device limit restriction. I understand limiting how many screens/people can watch at one time but limiting how many devices you can register is crazy.
In my house you have my parents my two sisters and myself. Now thats five people. We aren't able to link now tv straight to the tv's so it means having to move a console from room to room just so everyone can use it. This means that someone has to miss out on one of their own devices for someone else to be able to access now tv.
This is ludicrous.
We have it linked to two consoles so it can be watched in different rooms one laptop so anothet person in the house has access and one Ipad so we have access when out and about. But this means one person doesn't have immediate access and also means that not everyone is able to use it whilst they are out and about or away for the weekend.
Even if you were to limit it to six devices ot would make more sense. The average family isnt just four anymore and the average number of devices per household most certainly isn't four.
Please change this. It really is putting me off keeping my subscription. After all im paying £17 pm for very limited access. I'm starting to think it isn't worth it.
1 REPLY 1
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. 

There's been lots of comments about the device limit over the years but NOW TV haven't changed the limit and I doubt it will change anytime soon due in part to the negotiations between studios and NOW TV.

On a practical note, one solution is to set up a second account and buy additional passes on that so that you then have 8 devices and the ability to watch on up to four devices at the same time. Obviously this is extra expense, but you can cut down the cost somewhat by buying vouchers for your passes. from Game (online and emailed immediately or in-store), Amazon, Argos, Currys and PC World (or you could check eBay for unwanted codes). Official prices are

Entertainment - 3 months - £15
Entertainment - 5 months - £25
Movies - 2 months - £15
Movies - 3 months - £25

Alternately you could look at buying a couple of Chromecasts or Roku Streaming Sticks which are both pretty cheap portable devices that just plug into the back of your TV to stream NOW TV as well as other available apps like Netflix. Registering these as two of your devices means you can easily just pass them whoe EE wants to watch NOW TV at the time (as only two devices can be used at the same time anyway) and still leaves you a couple of slots for eg your iPad or laptop if needed.

I appreciate its not ideal, but it may make things work a little smoother.