cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I use my Now TV box if I am not paying a subscription for Movies?

Hi,

Can I still use the BBC iPlayer etc if I am not paying £8.99 per month?

How much do the movies coat after 3 months?

Is this service available in Ireland?

Kind regards

45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks but i am still being charged

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

The most probable reason why you've been charged is because all the NOW TV service(s) you've subscribed to 'roll on' automatically if they're not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!

That being said, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get some or all of your subscription payments returned to by contacting a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility.

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

And just-so other NOW TV customers know: -

• Your NOW TV subscription(s) will run for its full duration, even if it's cancelled after the first day.
  • Your NOW TV subscription(s) will 'roll on' automatically if it's not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!
  • 'Free trial' subscribers are notified by email that they will be charged unless they cancel their subscription(s) prior to their 'free trial' ending!
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible.
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the 'Apply Voucher' button will not be accessible.
  • New NOW TV voucher code passes can be added within the last month of your current NOW TV services expiry date. The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • Setting up a payment PIN on your NOW TV account is advised. As it will be prevent others from purchasing additional NOW TV services without your consent!
  • Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the NOW TV subscriber to manage their NOW TV account!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do I have to pay a sub to view iplayer etc

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you don't need a subscription, however they require a card on file for an active account, and an active account to use the box. I'd suggest enabling the payment pin. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how can I register without choosing a sky package to pay 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User http://www.nowtv.com/promo/activate the first button should be a purchaseless option.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User http://www.nowtv.com/promo/activate the first button should be a purchaseless option.

The first button takes me to login page where, as a new user, I have to select a pass. Help please.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, sorry to hear you're having issues here. I will send you an e-mail shortly so keep an eye out on your inbox.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.  Its for a friend who wants to try the box to see if his wifi is strong enough (yes I know the black one allows a wired conenction).  I've just workied it out.  Sign up for the free 1 month pass (films) and that lets you try the box out.  Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot access I player. I currently have no pass, and want to just use I player.

how?

i get a pink screen 'no access'