cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another Connectivity Issue Topic

I've been using Nowtv for the past few months. It works well on other registered devices in the house (PC, TV and wife's Samsung tablet) but has never yet worked on my machine. Here are its details:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (model GT-P5100)

Android Version : 4.2.2

Available Memory Space : 8.69GB.

Having read some of the forum posts and the advice offered in reply to them, I have just performed the following steps:

Uninstalled Nowtv

Powered-off the tablet

Powered-off the router

Waited ten minutes

Powered-on the router

Powered-on the tablet

Downloaded and re-installed the Nowtv app from Google Playstore

Started the app

Entered my correct Username and Password

Again, and for the umpteenth time, I received the message: "There was a network connectivity issue, please try again".

Can anyone help me to get this thing working, please?!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Which ISP are you with or are you using 3G/4G, do you have location services enabled on your device?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello pethead - thanks for responding.

We're with Sky Broadband ; and - yes - location services are enabled on my device.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello @NOWTV Team,

Given that this posters issue is 'Android' related - ie: it's not NOW TV Box (white) related, how about moving it into the forums dedicated Android devices sub-section? Where's it's more likely to help others...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good idea, SMD. I should have thought of that and would like it actioned if poss.

In any case, although I was sure that I clicked 'NOWTVBox (black) - which is the colour of mine - somehow my query has ended up in the '(white)' bit!  

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...although I was sure that I clicked 'NOWTVBox (black) - which is the colour of mine - somehow my query has ended up in the '(white)' bit!  

Yes.... You're a very, very bad person Smiley Frustrated

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not familiar with the Sky Router, but i know with my BT Router and my Samsung GT- i9300 phone i had persistent wifi dropouts on my phone.

This was resolved when i set my Router and phone on the 5 GHZ wifi band network, all my other wifi connected devices still working fine over 2.4 GHZ.

If your Sky Router and Samsung Tablet supports this feature, then have you tried giving it a go ?

Obviously, ignore my post if your router and tablet doesn't have this feature or you have already tried it with no luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The router  is an SR101, schnapps.  Hardly state-of-the-art, I know! It only 'does' 2.4GHz, so far as I'm aware. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.