cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Make sure you've signed into the forum first before you go to the page, then you should get the subscribe option.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Is that why it won't even get to the home page
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous UserYes that's right, it's causing the boxes to either stay on a black screen or after a few seconds it's keeps restarting. I'd unplug the boxes for know until the NOW TV team fix the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have a now to box , was working ok last night , put it on today and it shows the now screen with balloons and popcorn but never gets past that just flicks into black screen and then starts over again , tried an older box we had and this is doing exactly the same , and ideas please
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

It's not a problem at your end, NOW TV have identified an issue causing this and have posted a message about it here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Now-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208

I'd suggest going to that post and clicking Topic Options>Subscribe (you need to be signed in to do this) and then you should get an email when there is an update.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've just went too turn mine on and its doing exact same screen over and over again with the pop corn and now tv then going off 😕
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Keep an eye on the status page, hopefully it will be sorted soon.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Now-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you I will keep an eye on it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not happy at all, I pay for this service, I havnt been able to get the box to work, I have reset it and unplugged it... Nothing! My partner will be at home from work at 2:15 and he pays for the sky sports pass he will not be happy at all if he isn't going to be able to watch it. My son can't watch the kids channel which he likes. This is not something you expect to happen when the service is prepaid for. I want this sorted ASAP of not I want some kind of compensation for this. My sons having his nap this is the only hour of the day I get to catch up on things I like to watch instead Iv spent it trying to get the thing to work.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now to box stopped working, the blue light is on when the home page on the remote is used , have tried the reset button and reset the router , still can't see anything on the TV screen has the box gone and  do PC world need to replace?