cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Power light flashing

We have had our box for not even a week and we found the white (power) light keeps flashing, we have tried to re set the box but nothing works.. the light just keep flashing... please help! Thank you in advance 🙂

87 REPLIES 87
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had a power cut on Tuesday and my boxes were flashing twice in the front when the power was returned. Boxes wouldn't come back on properly. Looked on this website and it said there was an issues with the system so I left it until Wednesday to reset the box with the button on the back. This did reset it asking for my log in details again. I put these in and went to put the entertainment section on, which I already pay for, and there was the option to sign up for a free 14 trial. Same for the Kids package that I also pay for. Does anyone know what's happened here? I don't want to sign back up for the trials and then be paying twice a month. I have tried to speak to someone at nowtv but they have Judy sent an email TODAY informing me of the issue that they had on Tuesday had been resolved!! 😡😡
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  silly question  have you unplugged the box since the power cut?  I know you have done a reset.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yep I've done that. It does seem to be working again but it's as tho I am a new user. It doesn't seem to recognise that I have already paid for 2 packages.
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ok @Anonymous User  well that's the first thing.  Now to sort out your account.  If you pop on to chat they should be able to reactivate the passes.  You may need to input your card details again if the system has lost it.  please contact Now chat via this link

Contact Us...

they are open 8 - midnight

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Black Now TV Box has stopped working.... totally!

A few weeks back we connected it to our TV and it sort of worked - we managed to watch about an hour before it stopped working and went to a purple screen with a Now TV logo. We rest our internet but that didn't do anything, so we left it as that at the time as we were heading off on holiday for a week.

Now (no pun intended!) here we are a few weeks later and I thought I'd try again and this time it's even worse - there's a white flashing light on the front of the box but nothing else - it doesn't even seem to want to connect with the TV!

I've turned things off and on and done the factory reset but nothing is happening.

Does anyone know what is going on?!?!?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

The flashing light is usually the NOW TV Box doing a software update behind the scenes, if your box has been off for a few weeks this is normal behaviour. 

The purple screen can usually be resolved by doing the following :

Switch off power to the NOW TV Box

Switch off power to TV.

Remove all cables from the NOW TV Box and TV.

Leave for a few moments.

Plug all cables back into TV then the NOW TV Box then switch them back on.

Once the NOW TV Box has powered up it should then be resolved for you.

Let us know otherwise.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a blinking white light on my now tv... nothing's coming on screen I have tried everything stated on here so far... gutted
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User try selecting different HDMI port on your remote.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

If you have tried everything, I suggest seeing if live chat have any further advice.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-NOW-TV-Box-and-Roku

Click the link and click the green contact us button at the bottom. Then select "live chat". 🙂

Best on a PC/Mac.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a blinking white light and pushed pin in to reset and now I can not connect to my wireless network - any ideas? Please