NOW TV on Android By NOWTVBloggers | 05/02/2014

Now TV beta app icon.png

Calling all Android users…the wait is over! We’re happy to announce the NOW TV Beta App, which supports many Android 4.0 (and above) devices, as well as many tablets.

Enjoy our on demand catalogue which includes hundreds of movies, 10 live entertainment channels including Comedy Central with the Entertainment Month Pass and the biggest live games and events with the Sky Sports Day Pass.

With all of this available in the palm of your hand or lap, with no contract to sign might we add, you’re guaranteed to be glued to your mobile phone or tablet!

Nowtv_beta_movies_home.png

Why Beta you ask? Well, we’ve been working hard to face every technical challenge head-on, so though there are some areas we’re still working on, we’re already on the case to continue making this app a thing of beauty.

Download the NOW TV Beta app for your Android device today and begin to watch what you want, when you want. 

For more information, and to find out if your device is supported click here

4 COMMENTS

Tom-R | 27 Mar 2014

Hi @fboy, I've had a chat with our development team about your issue and they say the only thing changed with the new app was the look and feel. There shouldn't be any difference in performance.

Can you try going into your app settings and clearing the app cache and data? If that doesn't work, try deleting and reinstalling the app too.

If you need any more assistance, please pop a post in the Android board on the community.

Thanks,

Tom 

fboy | 25 Mar 2014

Hi,

Initial version of this worked well on my Nexus 10 and I was delighted but the latest release since 18th March 2014 now crashes around 75% of the time and when it doesn't crash the stream stops and starts a lot.

I know it's not my internet connection as running alongside was my Now TV box which had no streaming issues of the same content at the same time.

Please help!

Nick.

pblive3 | 06 Feb 2014

Works well on Nexus 7 and even my old Xperia Play phone.

Well done on getting it out there, even if it did take a while!

ThymeBandit | 05 Feb 2014

Given how much of a pounding Now have taken over lack of Android support I am a little surprised to be an early poster here.

Happy to report the app works as well on my Nexus 7 as it does on my iPhone and my Now box.

A slower delivery than I would have liked Now/Sky but, having played with it all day, if this is the Beta, I can't wait for the 1.0 release :-)