Search
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

tnc
Contributor 1
tnc

Unable to activate Sky Sports day pass

Trying to use this online (Macbook, OSX 10.7.5 with all latest updates, latest version of Safari, latest version of Silverlight with all updates)

When I click on "activate your pass" I get a screen with the option to "save for later" or "activate now." Neith button does anything but bring up a slightly transparent black screen for a few seconds, which then disappears, putting me back to the main content screen with the option to activate my pass.

I have tried the usual reboots, including swicthing off/on my router (although I fail to see how that could ever be a solution for this type of issue), changed the Silverlight settings etc.

Any other ideas?

Why doesn't this stuff get fixed? So many people seem to have issues with day passes. 

First Poster
kork

Re: Unable to activate Sky Sports day pass

Me too!!!!!

First Poster
newvisitor

no help, but I have the same problem. Macbook, 10.8.5, Safari 6.1.1, latest flash and silverlight installed

Signed up just to watch the final and all I get is a transparent black screen 

Waste of time, 

First Poster
edmanlee1

[ Edited ]

Not quite the same problem but I think it may connected.

I'm not able to load any of the SkySports specific content when I go on http://watch.nowtv.com/sports

What I mean is I get the 'NowTV powered by Sky' icon and all the links to 'Home ... Privacy&Cookies ... Terms&Conditions ... ' etc. but no content whatsoever that the page is meant to lead to such as what's on and the option to buy a day pass. I've tried going to the Movies and Entertainment pages and they all load as expected, it's purely a problem on the SkySports one.

So far I've tried Firefox, Safari, and Omniweb on the Mac, tried my PS3's internet browser and even made a second account to see if the error was on my actual account ... all result in the same outcome that I can't even view the buy a SkySports daypass button.

Is this a problem with the site?

PS I've never had this problem before and have got several sports day passes without issue.

First Poster
ericcausey

kork wrote:

Me too!!!!!

First Poster
bw74

I'm also having same problen. Any solutions?

Scholar 5
Andy_

Hi @bw74

To activate your pass just start watching any of the sports content.

If this doesn't work for you, let us know what happens when you try, and what devices you are using.
First Poster
bw74

I?m using an iMac.

The loading icon whirls for a while and then the pop up screen just stays black.

Scholar 5
Andy_

Hi @bw74

Unfortunately there are some issues with using NOW TV on Mac OS that may be causing your problem. NOW TV is incompatible with FileVault if you have that enabled. There is also an issue with upgrading to Yosemite that the NOW TV Team are looking into. For more info see here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Some-customers-unable-to-watch-NOW-TV-on-Mac-OS-...
First Poster
bw74

Hi Andy

Yes, I have file vault enabled.

Is there anyway I can get a refund?

Cheers
Mark