cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV not working on Mac

I have been trying to watch Now TV on my Mac for days now to no avail. In Safari I get a message that I need to install Silverlight. I have already done that, as well as uninstall, reinstall & reboot. Same message. In Firefox I can click play but it won't load the programme. I don't have pop-ups blocked. Please help it's driving me crazy & I've now wasted my entire Friday night!
7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

In Safari try the following

Go to www.nowtv.com
Go to Safari>Preferences> Security> Plugin Settings
Make sure Silverlight is ticked on the left of the pane, and make sure www.nowtv.com is listed on the right of the pane, and set it to Always Allow
Click Done, restart Safari and see if that helps.

If you decide to try Firefox, the first time you try to play a movie in Firefox you should get a banner appear under the toolbar asking you to allow or block Silverlight. If you missed that you can go to Tools>Add-ons then click on Plugins and set Silverlight plugin to Always Activate.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok so that worked, but now I have a flickering screen!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Hmm, not sure about flickering picture, but if you're watching in full screen there's a fix for poor quality picture on this help page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Poor-Quality-Mac

and  if that doesn't help you could try live chat by clicking the green Contact Us button on the bottom of that help page and see if they can suggest anything else for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

also, it still isn't working in Firefox despite checking 'always activate' for Silverlight. I appear to have a white flickering box behind the cursor.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I don't have that happen on my Mac on Firefox or Safari so I'm not sure what's causing that sorry. If you haven't already try live chat to see if they've come across it before, and if not hopefully another forum member may reply to you in due course instead.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmm. So I am a software engineer. I don't like having to try and make stuff work when I get home from work. I resigned up to now tv after dropping it 2 years ago. No work on chrome. No work OS X app. No work on daughters laptop. Poo. No sign up. I don't know if you've seen Netflix, BBC iPlayer, itv.com they seem to have it sorted. sky can stick their service. Don't like giving evil Murdoch money anyway.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's ridiculous. Their 'app' just does not work on macs of any kind. Sack the coders. Sack the CIO. Incompetent.