cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports Delay

When I load a live stream it's delayed by about 3 mins.

For example, when I put the match on just now, it very briefly showed the match time as 11 minutes gone, then jumped back to 8 minutes. When I load the same match on my iPhone, it is 3 mins ahead of the tv. This happens every time.

I've tried exiting and restarting, etc but no joy. Any ideas?
11 REPLIES 11
Legend 5
Legend 5

Might be the network connection to your TV.  Have you tried rebooting?  Are you connected via wifi or ethernet?  I found my lg likes ethernet better for a stable connection the Wifi.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
When I load a live stream it's delayed by about 3 mins.

What model of LG television do you have?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Model is 49UF640V
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried rebooting, yes. It's connected through wifi, I could try Ethernet to see if it makes a difference but long-term it's not a solution.
Legend 5
Legend 5

Why is Ethernet not a long term solution? I have my LG on an Ethernet cable as it seemed to turn off WiFi when it wasn't using it. I then had to reconnect to use the Apps this and others. Much better now that it is on Ethernet.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
Why is Ethernet not a long term solution? I have my LG on an Ethernet cable as it seemed to turn off WiFi when it wasn't using it. I then had to reconnect to use the Apps this and others. Much better now that it is on Ethernet.

Agreed... A wired ethernet connection should be "the" long term solution...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Because the now TV is nowhere near the router.

Besides, if every other device can stream over wifi absolutely fine with no delay, why not my tv?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Because the now TV is nowhere near the router.

Then I suggest you use some 'powerline' ethernet adaptors. Any device that's capable of streaming/displaying high-def images should be conneted to the internet using a wired ethernet...

Legend 5
Legend 5

Right, what internet provider are you with? Can you get 5ghz as well as 2ghz? Could be worth trying.